Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

They used to have a Janick in the band, I think until about 2 years ago, but he left (or was fired, I don't know) and they haven't found anyone to replace him since. I hope they do soon, though. I've seen them live twice already (2016 and 2017) and am expecting to go again this year. They're a great tribute, and their setlist choices are marvelous (across those 2 years I've seen them, they played "Alexander the Great", "Stranger In a Strange Land", "Wasting Love" and other stuff Maiden probably would never do nowadays—I even got called on stage for "Heaven Can Wait" :D). The only thing missing, really, is Janick, otherwise they're perfect.

Isn't that what a true tribute band does though - try to recreate the band at one particular point in their career? Notwithstanding that the choice of post-reunion looks odd/incomplete with no Janick counterpart I'd call that a faithful attempt (and also I'm rather grateful they were merciful enough to spare us the lycra of doom ... :D)
I think it's the fact that they've got everything down, except the actual appearance. Adrian-wannabe in particular isn't trying at all, but is wearing Adrian's clothes. Your mind tricks you into expecting to see Maiden, but you look more closely and have a wtf moment. I'd rather they were either just playing Maiden's music but wearing their own clothes + a Maiden tee, or trying really hard to be lookalikes.

I don’t know, it’s weird to watch a guy imitate Steve’s every move, as if he’s been practising his whole life to be someone else. Just play bass! :p
To me this is the difference between a tribute band and a covers band - what you have said here suggests that you just prefer covers bands. Which is fine, obviously :).

Dubrovnik yesterday

UAdnESG.jpg

There was snow on sub km height mountain caps just a month ago.

Meanwhile, Autmn has just about started a month ago and only now we're getting cold(er) temperatures. Right now, it's 23°C, a huge drop from the near-30°C we were getting just a few weeks back, and with some luck it'll drop a little more.

Edit: btw, 32+ is very common here during the Summer. Horrible.

I don't want to imagine that. 17 here and already feels way warm, better than many summer days to be honest.

30 at a time isn't problematic per se. Problem comes when it doesn't drop below 30 for weeks. Bodies of water heat up and they don't temperate the environment any more. Historically, the hottest ex-Yugoslav cities weren't on the coast, but near it, on a low mountain plateau by the river. River heats up, and they have 40(c) in the town. This happens along the coast too, the effect is not that dramatic, however having sea temperature of +25 deg is pretty much normal every season here.

When did you become a gang-affiliated leopard? :eek: Better not mess...
The Sofia Leopards are a well-known gang from the commie days. They were allegedly involved in a lot of smuggling in extra food and tobacco supplies, as well as decadent western things like comic books and music.

Back