Flight of Icarus or Stranger in a Strange Land?

Flight of Icarus or Stranger in a Strange Land?

• Total voters
Bruce did it in 2002 ;)

Cheers!
I was looking at one 2002 setlist and I did not see it. Perhaps only done in Athens then!

Lol, this version is faster than Maiden ever did. Show this to Steve and it's back in the set immediately.

Time to bring it back guys!

Last edited:
Cheers!
I was looking at one 2002 setlist and I did not see it. Perhaps only done in Athens then!

Lol, this version is faster than Maiden ever did. Show this to Steve and it's back in the set immediately.

Time to bring it back guys!

They only played it in Athens, as they decided they had to play a song about Greece. ;)

Which is why Piece of Mind is the best Iron Maiden album. [I rank Flight of Icarus 6th on PoM]

This. 5/6 on piece' still lands it in my top 30 range. By comparison 5/6 on most other albums (not called Powerslave) are in 100th favorite range.. which is where Stranger is.

I'd also go with "Stranger In A Strange Land". I think the chorus of "Flight Of Icarus" is fundamentally weak, though the rest of the song is great. SIASL's highs aren't quite as high (except for the great solo), but overall I think it's more consistent.

That said, seeing Bruce & Adrian perform "Flight Of Icarus" and "Powerslave" in a dive bar in 1997 was pretty awesome...

Which Maiden tune do you prefer and why?
Got to go with stranger in the Strange Land I love Steve Harris I also play bass I think he's got a little bit more bass going on in stranger and I love his bass playing before during and after the guitar solo he is not boring at all flight of Icarus is freaking awesome too though I love his bass playing in that but as far as playing the song goes I have little bit more fun with Stranger in a Strange Land I got to take that one and I love Somewhere in Time I love the artwork it's one of my favorite albums of all time

Got to go with stranger in a Strange Land I love Steve Harris.I also play bass I think he's got a little bit more bass going on in stranger and I love his bass playing before,during,and after the guitar solo. he is not boring at all.flight of Icarus is freaking awesome too though, I love his bass playing in that.but as far as playing the song goes,I have little bit more fun with Stranger in a Strange Land, I got to take that one.and I love Somewhere in Time,I love the artwork. it's one of my favorite albums of all time

Stranger in a Strange Land is my all time favorite Iron Maiden song.

And it won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

Favorite Maiden song for AT LEAST the past 10 years.

I love both songs but i'll go with Stranger, i love the whole atmosphere in that song! Really different from your typical Maiden at that time.

Its beautifully and cleverly constructed. A middle eight ("what became of the men that started") that sounds so fresh and unexpected, yet perfectly compliments the verse and chorus.

it's almost Beatle-esque in its construction and exposition.

It would be shame if Steve convinced the rest of the band that it needs to be played at a faster tempo live - the song ebbs, flows, and is (simply put) a masterpiece.

Its beautifully and cleverly constructed. A middle eight ("what became of the men that started") that sounds so fresh and unexpected, yet perfectly compliments the verse and chorus.

it's almost Beatle-esque in its construction and exposition.

It would be shame if Steve convinced the rest of the band that it needs to be played at a faster tempo live - the song ebbs, flows, and is (simply put) a masterpiece.

It reminds me a bit of Marillion

Back