Nightwish

Marco said in an interview he didn't know the tracklist of the compilation. He's not busy with it. He and the band are busy though with rehearsing for the tour (trying out songs), but does not want to say which ones. I think (also not sure) the compilation tracklist was decided earlier and at the time of the interview the band wasn't sure yet which songs to do (setlist was not final). So, perhaps they won't be similar. Not very similar at least.

I hope that’s not the set either. Half of those songs are great, but the first album is terrible, they picked lame choices from the next 3, and I definitely don’t need to see TGSOE again.

I really don't get the point of best of albums today. Why devote 2 hours to a band you're barely familiar with when you could just pick out one of their albums or sample them for yourself on the internet? I also can't imagine why giving newcomers a 24 minute long track that is pretty atypical of their other work is a good way to introduce the band.

The cynical side of me says that this is more to make a quick buck off of hardcore fans who buy everything that gets released or those who want to hear the one exclusive demo.

Decent enough set, I suppose. I was hoping for Beauty and the Beast or Wanderlust, but there's still a good number of deep-ish cuts

Awesome set.
1 song not done the last 20 years.
1 song not done the last 16 years.
2 songs not done the last 15 years.
2 songs not done the last 14 years.
1 song not done the last 13 years.
2 songs not done the last 10 years.
1 song not done the last 9 years.

Last edited:
You're complaining about a tour with
rare songs
??
BA HA HA HA

I haven't seen 4 from these Tarja songs:
Gethsemane
Elvenpath
The Carpenter
Devil & The Deep Dark Ocean

You're complaining about a tour with
rare songs
??
BA HA HA HA

I haven't seen 4 from these Tarja songs:
Gethsemane
Elvenpath
The Carpenter
Devil & The Deep Dark Ocean
I haven't seen them live before and I was hoping they'll play all their best songs, not rarities. I'm not sure what's wrong with that. Probably won't bother trying to see them on this tour, last album tour had a much better setlist.

If you want to see the band Once, then yeah,
don't go this year
Not sure what I will do. They hit a festival with Opeth, Kreator, Meshuggah, Satyricon and others. I'm already going to quite some other gigs this year.

I’m not thrilled about this setlist either, honestly. I think the first album is terrible and they’ve mostly picked songs I don’t love from the next two albums as well.

Also,
Why the hell are they wasting 20 minutes on TGSOE again?!

This setlist is proof that sometimes rare songs are rare songs for a good reason.

I might revisit some of these to see if any stand out, but I'm probably going to skip this.

Anti-Tarja era feelings might not be working in favour of some of us here. But believe me, that's not what the majority of the fans feel like.
It can't be denied that this band has a history. This is surely seen as a treat.

I was a little disappointed to see that
TGSOE is being played. It's by far their worst post-Tarja song.

The rest of it, okay. But this time I am going to try to get seats at MTelus, rather than be on the floor.

Back