Nightwish

I'll keep an eye out for dates on this one. They were excellent live at Wembley Arena in 2015, but had to seriously curtail their stage show for the constraints of Download in 2016. I'd like to hear more of their classic/early stuff too. I like Tarja's style on some of it, but Floor handles Tarja era songs well.

I'll be there. I'm familiar with everything thanks to the survivor and I also prefer Floor to Tarja, so I'm looking forward to hearing her sing both old and new material.

The band will have a very special setlist for the tour, featuring rarely heard material from the earlier era, and excitingly for both band and fans, they will revisit the old songs with some new twists.

This setlist will be a ‘one-off’ and only performed on this ‘DECADES: WORLD TOUR 2018’
Now we're talking. Let's have European dates.

By the way @Brigantium, last week Marco Hietelalalalalala alluded to a Nightwish show in London next year. He said something about it being nice to play in central London for a change because Nightwish always play further out, and that there might be something next year. I guess there will be another show in Wembley Arena but they probably can't confirm it officially until they're onstage at Bloodstock Festival.

nightwisheurotour2018.jpg

I'm guessing they'll announce a Wembley Arena show to fit between the Saarbrucken and Milan shows after their Bloodstock headlining set, or during it.

I'm looking forward to this tour. They haven't announced any supporting acts so I'm hoping for an extra-long set.

TARJA TURUNEN Performs With NIGHTWISH's MARCO HIETALA For First Time In 12 Years (Video)

Cool thing for the fans, but annoying because it will bring back the "Nightwish should bring back Tarja" shtick again. I would stop listening to them if they ever brought her back.
I do not think that would happen. But however sad for Floor, I would eagerly keep listening because I prefer the Nightwish music made with Tarja and Tarja fits better to that music and vocal lines/style. While Floor can do more different things -for which the Nightwish scope is too small-, she does not sing (the higher parts in) the older songs as easy. 1 and 1 makes 2 but I cannot imagine that Tarja would return.

Social media post from Nightwish today:

"It's time to look back and review the last 20 years. In keeping with the upcoming 2018 world tour, Nightwish will release the essentials compilation, DECADES, on March 9th via Nuclear Blast."

Back