Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it's not hints...Apparently for the last month or so they've been running something they hashtag with #musicmonday.....That's been the occasion for posting Be Quick, Longest Day, 2M etc etc on the previous mondays..nothing to do with hinting at the Legacy shows...

I thought the song posting was completely random without anything else said in the post, which I can understand people will start speculating about...It was only today when I actually checked the FB site myself that I saw that they've basically been posting "monday songs" and also tagged it as such for weeks :facepalm:

Well, since the "Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists" announced to the world that the Doomsday Clock is once again sitting at 2 minutes to midnight, the next "Monday song" was basically chosen. Also since Maiden shared the post on FB their serious scientific page is now overflowing with Maiden-related comments :bigsmile:.
They've had a few serious comments since ...

All the stuff on the Legacy of the Beast Artwork is just to wind us up. As I've said before, I bet they're all laughing at the internet as they try to figure out the entire damn setlist.

Facebook posts are not hints either. So many bands do this sort of thing on social media. It's a modern way of promoting music and reaching out to the fans, nothing more.

Why would Iron Maiden want to promote the setlist? They want you to buy the ticket in advance to avoid missing out so you can be disappointed in person. If they revealed the setlist before the tour starts I suspect plenty of people would moan about it and decide not to buy a ticket.

Also since Maiden shared the post on FB their serious scientific page is now overflowing with Maiden-related comments :bigsmile:.
Such as "Iron Maiden brought me here"?

All the stuff on the Legacy of the Beast Artwork is just to wind us up. As I've said before, I bet they're all laughing at the internet as they try to figure out the entire damn setlist.
I think I read on the fanclub forum that Bruce said in an interview there are some hints in the artwork.

I think I read on the fanclub forum that Bruce said in an interview there are some hints in the artwork.
Well, I heard that. I think the most clear one is FTGGOG on there + it was used as a background song in the announcment video.

I'm thinking the hints are in the centre. Those glasses on either side of Eddie are just artwork.

I'm thinking the hints are in the centre. Those glasses on either side of Eddie are just artwork.
I think the wolf in clothing is the biggest giveaway, because I doubt that it would be there for absolutely no reason.

Facebook posts are not hints either. So many bands do this sort of thing on social media. It's a modern way of promoting music and reaching out to the fans, nothing more.

Why would Iron Maiden want to promote the setlist? They want you to buy the ticket in advance to avoid missing out so you can be disappointed in person. If they revealed the setlist before the tour starts I suspect plenty of people would moan about it and decide not to buy a ticket.
Maiden have definitely promoted the setist ahead of a tour before, especially on history tours. The original SBIT announcement pretty much gave away the entire set (including songs that weren’t obvious for the theme) and Maiden England had a comment about 2/3 of the songs on the original video being present. They’ve also dropped hints about what songs from a new album they’ll be playing (The Talisman and Great Unknown come to mind).

As far as this tour goes, I think there have been a few hints and a lot being misinterpreted as hints. I’d say FTGGOG is a lock. The press release mentioned surprised from recent albums, the band still stands by that album, and the song hasn’t been played in ten years. It ticks every box. I also can’t imagine why they would choose that of all songs to use during a promo for what is supposed to be a greatest hits tour.

The other two likelys are Flight of Icarus and Be Quick or Be Dead. They have to do at least one deep cut from the 80s and Icarus seems like a reasonable choice. Honestly I never thought it would ever be played live again, but it’s also the sort of song they go to when digging for rarities (think The Prisoner and COTD). Be Quick or Be Dead is one that I’m sure will be played again before they retire and I still think a Donington dvd is coming this year, so something from that period is going to have to be in the set.

Everything else being interpreted as hints is probably wishful thinking and a good way to be set up for disappointment.

As for the rest of the set, songs like 2MTM, RTTH, etc are all locks. I think those clamoring for Blaze songs should brace for disappointment. Even if Maiden didn’t shun the Blaze era as much as they do, there just isn’t enough room in the set list. For the Greater Good of God is going to fill space in the set that would’ve been for The Clansman 15 years ago.

Overall I’d expect this setlist to be a cross between SBIT and Gimme Ed Til I’m Dead. In other words, mostly predictable but a pretty decent selection from each era and one or two deep cuts (songs not played by this lineup). It’s the first tour in quite some time where we don’t really know what to expect so that at least is exciting, but I think we should also temper our expectations so we’re not disappointed when it turns out to be a pretty standard set for the most part. If FTGGOG and Icarus are played, that’ll be enough to make it worth it even if the rest is stuff that has already been on the nostalgia tours.

Maiden have definitely promoted the setist ahead of a tour before, especially on history tours. The original SBIT announcement pretty much gave away the entire set (including songs that weren’t obvious for the theme) and Maiden England had a comment about 2/3 of the songs on the original video being present. They’ve also dropped hints about what songs from a new album they’ll be playing (The Talisman and Great Unknown come to mind).

As far as this tour goes, I think there have been a few hints and a lot being misinterpreted as hints. I’d say FTGGOG is a lock. The press release mentioned surprised from recent albums, the band still stands by that album, and the song hasn’t been played in ten years. It ticks every box. I also can’t imagine why they would choose that of all songs to use during a promo for what is supposed to be a greatest hits tour.

The other two likelys are Flight of Icarus and Be Quick or Be Dead. They have to do at least one deep cut from the 80s and Icarus seems like a reasonable choice. Honestly I never thought it would ever be played live again, but it’s also the sort of song they go to when digging for rarities (think The Prisoner and COTD). Be Quick or Be Dead is one that I’m sure will be played again before they retire and I still think a Donington dvd is coming this year, so something from that period is going to have to be in the set.

Everything else being interpreted as hints is probably wishful thinking and a good way to be set up for disappointment.

As for the rest of the set, songs like 2MTM, RTTH, etc are all locks. I think those clamoring for Blaze songs should brace for disappointment. Even if Maiden didn’t shun the Blaze era as much as they do, there just isn’t enough room in the set list. For the Greater Good of God is going to fill space in the set that would’ve been for The Clansman 15 years ago.

Overall I’d expect this setlist to be a cross between SBIT and Gimme Ed Til I’m Dead. In other words, mostly predictable but a pretty decent selection from each era and one or two deep cuts (songs not played by this lineup). It’s the first tour in quite some time where we don’t really know what to expect so that at least is exciting, but I think we should also temper our expectations so we’re not disappointed when it turns out to be a pretty standard set for the most part. If FTGGOG and Icarus are played, that’ll be enough to make it worth it even if the rest is stuff that has already been on the nostalgia tours.

I agree, except I don't think we'll get be quick or be dead.

Hopefully we get a photo from rehearslals, which contains another badly hidden set in MS Paint :D and needs CSI Setlist part 2.

It would be a nice surprise if they play To Tame A Land, but that song has a 3% chance, since it has not been played it on the Early Days tour !
But a songs like: The Duellists, Flash of the Blade, BQOBD, Flight of Icarus, 22AA, SIASL and FTGGOG would be a great addition to the setlist !!! :cool:

It would be a nice surprise if they play To Tame A Land, but that song has a 3% chance, since it has not been played it on the Early Days tour !
But a songs like: The Duellists, Flash of the Blade, BQOBD, Flight of Icarus, 22AA, SIASL and FTGGOG would be a great addition to the setlist !!! :cool:

Those have no chance. Especially FOTB, during which's chorus Bruce would die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back