Nicko McBrain

Apparently, Clive was so eager to join Trust that he mimicked Nicko's parts during the 1982 tour... err to what extent is it reliable exactly? :D
icG3zG
(Source, Best (magazine), France)
https://ibb.co/icG3zG

That story* had me in tears!

From laughing!!!!!!!!!!!! Fantastic! I demand to hear recordings from both this show and the other Hammersmith experience.

*How the hell was that his second disaster story. The absolute number one!

The best Iron Maiden story ever. Best. Ever. Period.

That story* had me in tears!

From laughing!!!!!!!!!!!! Fantastic! I demand to hear recordings from both this show and the other Hammersmith experience.

*How the hell was that his second disaster story. The absolute number one!

The best Iron Maiden story ever. Best. Ever. Period.
Oh I've tried many times to find any sort of bootleg or photos from that NZ show. :( But there is a video boot of the following show in Melbourne- partially obstructed view but you can catch glimpses of Nicko's kit and it is definitely a much smaller setup than normal!

But that one would be another (also too small)? Since the first one was destroyed? Or did he play with the Christchurch kit?

But that one would be another (also too small)? Since the first one was destroyed? Or did he play with the Christchurch kit?
I assume it was another rental kit borrowed from someone in Australia, since he still didn't have his big Signature series kit- it sounds like the Christchurch kit was completely destroyed

Great interview. The three strikes / two yellow cards was something we never heard before. It may be relevant in Clive's case, maybe even with Di'Anno and Stratton.

I was not in Nicko's case. He mentioned a story that could've been worth a yellow card. He must have had at least three. ;-)

Back