Bruce Dickinson

Not sure what you meant by that. Anyways, I met the guy personally and I was the member of Cro IMFC for a while. I'd take shots at him any day, he's an asshole just based on his general written opinion of multitude of things, not even going into his acts.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/br...d-singing-blaze-bayley-era-iron-maiden-songs/
Dickinson said: "Well, you know, life's too short to go around chucking your ego around like that — it's childish, it's stupid. And, actually, some of those songs kind of worked [with my voice], some of them didn't, but you know what? They were all songs which a lot of IRON MAIDEN fans bought, and some of them, in particular 'The Clansman'and 'Sign Of The Cross', I think we really nailed those songs and I thought it was great material. Blaze's voice, obviously, was quite different than mine — it was a slightly lower register — and, actually, I wasn't complaining, 'cause I could use this kind of lower baritone tone and get quite kind of robust on it all. And I really enjoyed singing those songs.

I'm actually not that surprised - sufficient theatrics and versatility on what is being asked for from his voice. I figured SSOASS might be in there, but that one also may be taxing.

Okay, time to hear these interviews. Good stuff!

Both are pretty good.

It has nothing to do with music, but I quite like the complimentary bit about Polish people coming to the UK that Bruce made during the interview with Chris Jericho (similar to the one he made at the Troxy on the book tour).

Both are pretty good.

It has nothing to do with music, but I quite like the complimentary bit about Polish people coming to the UK that Bruce made during the interview with Chris Jericho (similar to the one he made at the Troxy on the book tour).
re: Troxy. Still odd. As if it's so remarkable that people from a (this very!) nation can be nice.

re: Troxy. Still odd. As if it's so remarkable that people from a (this very!) nation can be nice.

Not really if you think that some people in the UK (a minority it should be said) think that there are too many Polish people living here. There were Polish people at the Troxy who cheered when Bruce mentioned that one of the pictures was taken in Poland and Bruce made a clear statement about them being welcomed here during an event that was being broadcast on Facebook, which was a nice gesture and also met with a big round of applause.

Last edited:
Of course they cheered. I can see that context ("too many"), I thought about it as well when I was there. I hope he used/meant that indeed.

Of course they cheered. I can see that context ("too many"), I thought about it as well when I was there. I hope he used/meant that indeed.

I believe he meant what he said, as he repeated it during the Chris Jericho interview when there were no Polish people present...

It would be a big surprise for Janick if Bruce was not pro-polish immigrants!

So true.

I wonder what Nicko's thoughts on the matter of immigration might be after the rather unfortunate jokes he made during his drum tour a few years ago.

EDIT: For those who might not be aware of it, here is a link with some comments about Nicko's clinics http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83280

Last edited:
Back