Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright. Setlist speculation is pretty much the best way to make my... eh, debute here; everyone loves setlist speculation, especially when it's taken to such serious heights as mine, haha. So yeah, here we go! :D

Based on the way Maiden's most recent sets have been build, what they have said, what the tour poster/teasers/whatever suggest, here's my somewhat hopeful prediction for next year. I'm focusing more on the sturcture, rather than individual songs (that's why I'm giving options here) but of course I hope and even honestly expect them to (really) dust off one or two 80's gems a'la Flight of Icarus and another more or less deep cut that has not been played for roughly ten to fifteen years, a'la The Clansman, Lord of the Flies or 22 Acacia Avenue etc.

Considering how much effort they put into making Maiden England 2012-14 the ultimate 80's greatest hits tour by not putting that much effort to the set - funny enough - it is clear they can be a bit more imaginative this time. In other words, even though the 80's material is expected to be very dominant in the set, they don't have to follow that clear of a structure that SBIT and ME history had. Which means there is room for a little more "wild cards" in the set and even though there isn't too much reason to be overly optimistic, I'd say it's almost a certainty that they manage to throw a couple of, if not very big suprises, at least very welcome additions to the set.

And yeah, it is not my intention to be overly serious about this stuff; it's just a bit of a fun and general speculation, but at the same time I'm trying to base it on the logic and choices Maiden has made over the recent tour and how it MIGHT reflect to The Legacy of the Beast setlist.

1. The Opener
This is a tough one to guess... I wouldn't bee too suprised if they opened with Aces High again, for the very last time. I suppose Bruce could pull it of better than in ME tour, since it would be positioned as first song this time, but I don't know... I know they haven't decided the whole set yet, but I think they might have included Aces High Eddie on the stained glass art or the song in the TV ads if they had any serious intentions to play it next year. Then again, it was used in the tv ads and would be pretty natural choice given the theme of the tour. Other good candidates include Be Quick or be Dead; Bruce performed it with Tribuzy ten years ago and while it's not in the same category as Aces High and Moonchild etc, it's definitely and excellent opener. Then there is Where Eagles Dare and The Wicker Man. Of the two, the latter is somewhat more likely, especially if they're going to incorporate the worlds from the TLOTB game in the stage set; The Wicker Man Eddie is pretty prominent there and it could be used to a great effect in a show too. Then again, can they open with The Wicker Man and NOT play Ghost of the Navigator right after it... :D So yeah, this is still a total wild card, but whatever they're going to play, I suppose it's one of those album openers. I don't see them repeating Give Me Ed trick and opening with TNOB again.

2. 2 Minutes to Midnight (/ Wrathchild / Can I Play With Madness
As much as I'd love to see Sea of Madness or Rainmaker here, I guess they're going with a more obvious one here. Any of those three work pretty well right after the opener, whichever it is, to be honest, but of those three I'd take CIPWM again. 2 Minutes is the most likely though, since it rested TBOS tour. It would be even rather welcome return if it rested ME tour as well and gave room for something a bit more interesting and fitting, but there you go... That icy backdrop was cool though. A bit more obscure choice for such a early position in the set would be Prowler; not too likely, but I don't see it completely out of this world either, since throwing in another song from the first album sounds like something they might actually do, but I suppose it's going to be Running Free or Phantom if so. Anyway, I suppose it's going to be some well known classic here.

3. Flight of Icarus (/Die With Your Boots On)/ The Trooper
Flight of Icarus is seems pretty certain now. I really believe they'll finally dust it off. Alternatively: "Good evening *insert city here*, if you're gonna die, DIE WITH YOUR BOOTS ON" and the intro kicks off. Played in 2003 and 2005 and I dare guess that they considered it at least for the 2009 leg of SBIT tour and perhaps even for ME tour. Not too demanding to any of the guys and they all seem to have good fun with this one. Or, if they want to keep the set even more unrelenting at this point, they could also go with The Trooper. However, if they're sticking to the 15 song setlist this time too, I doubt they'll play all three anyway. With 16 songs I wouldn't rule it out, but I guess it's just those too singles. Wouldn't complain about DWYBO anyway.

4. Remember Tomorrow/Coming Home/Afraid to Shoot Strangers/Revelations
This is the standard "Bruce chats with the crowd and introduces the next song, which is usually on the slower, atmospheric and softer side. I could see them playing any of the candidates listed above. I really struggled whether to put this as the third, fourth or the fifth song, since the position of the BRUCE'S FIRST CHAT WITH THE CROWD SONG has always varied a little, but yeah, there you have it.

5. For the Greater Good of God / Paschendale
This was in the teaser video. As much as I like the song, it would also be a rather strange choice too, considering there is a large selection of more theatrical, which the band seems to favor, songs to go with. But yes, I could see them playing this or something else from AMOLAD, like Brighter Than a 1000 Suns. Not-too-unlikely alternatives include Phantom of the Opera and Dance of Death. Paschendale would work here as well. Dance of Death and Benjamin Breeg would be easy to pull of if they can't get Paschendale working (they dropped it in 2010) and want to play some post-reunion stuff.

6. The Trooper / Flight of Icarus (/ Die With Your Boots On)
The POM song not played earlier.

7. Wasted Years / Stranger in a Strange Land
They have used cyborg Eddie in their tour ads and stage sets quite a lot over the years, so it doesn't have to mean anything else than the inclusion of Wasted Years. It's a great song and I'm quite happy how it has been even semi-staple in their sets over the most recent tours, but I wouldn't rule out SIASL completely either. There is a chance.

8. The Clansman
This could easily switch places with 5.Time to get the crowd involved with anthemic and epic The Clansman, which I honestly think as a rather realistic addition, since Steve has stated he'd like to play it again and Bruce seems to enjoy this song as well. Also, the scottish flag in the tour adverts is a bit too obvius not to make one hopeful... This is another "slot" where Paschendale or something like that would work very well. Fingers crossed for... Sign of the Cross and that cool burning cross prop! It would be great and theatrical centerpiece to the show.

9. The Number of the Beast

10. Brave New World
This would be another welcome return. I'd gladly replace FOTD with this, but you know... Just throwing this out: the inflatable TBOS Eddie was pretty impressive, so if they're indeed looking for new tricks for their stage show, an inflatable BNW Eddie, with some special effects, incorporated to the backdrop would be very interesting if they somehow managed to execute it well. This could easily turn into something VERY spinal tap or just look dope in general... :D

11. Fear of the Dark
12. Iron Maiden

13. The Wicker Man / some other opener, see 1.

The Prisoner would be perfect for this place, but I don't see it returning this time. They have favored TNOB at this place, but I'm just guessing they end up throwing it in earlier this time. Powerslave would be pretty cool encore opener too! Maiden has shown some intention to be adventurous here and there and TBOS setlist was pretty fresh album tour set (in Maiden standards) so you never know...
14. The Clairvoyant
Walk-on Eddie? I would love to see this one returning as well.
15. Run to the Hills
Perhaps a bit demanding to be the last song, so there's always Running Free as an option too. I'd prefer if they kept Sanctuary out anyway.

Possible replacements/alternatives/songs I'd say are somewhat realistic: 22 Acacia Avenue, Lord of the Flies, Bring Your Daughter... to the Slaughter, Hallowed be thy Name, Blood Brothers, These Colours Don't Run

And for the sake of SETLIST_DREAMS_SPAM, here's alternative with 16 songs!!!

1. The opener. Let's throw Be Quick or be Dead here.
2. 2 Minutes to Midnight
3. The Trooper
4. Revelations/ATSS
5. Flight of Icarus
6. The Clansman
7. Run to the Hills
8. Wasted Years
9. Paschendale

10. The Clairvoyant
11. Brave New World

12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden

14. The Number of the Beast
15. Powerslave
16. Running Free

-
So um, hello everyone! :)

Last edited:
Got tickets for Hills of Rock next year. Headliners are Iron Maiden and Judas Priest. Three-day tickets are still available for 60 Euros.

The catch: You'd have to go to Plovdiv for that.

806124464c1c11e5b5c83af19d01184c_800x533.jpg

image.jpg

303px-Bulgaria_Bulgaria-0785_-_Roman_Theatre_of_Philippopolis_%287432772486%29.jpg

800px-Bulgaria_Bulgaria-0742_-_Plovdiv_Regional_Ethnographic_Museum_%287432382418%29.jpg

800px-Small_Plovdiv_street.JPG
800px-Old_town11.jpg
It's not a catch, it's opportunity to visit great city with great history.

Alright. Setlist speculation is pretty much the best way to make my... eh, debute here; everyone loves setlist speculation, especially when it's taken to such serious heights as mine, haha. So yeah, here we go! :D

Based on the way Maiden's most recent sets have been build, what they have said, what the tour poster/teasers/whatever suggest, here's my somewhat hopeful prediction for next year. I'm focusing more on the sturcture, rather than individual songs (that's why I'm giving options here) but of course I hope and even honestly expect them to (really) dust off one or two 80's gems a'la Flight of Icarus and another more or less deep cut that has not been played for roughly ten to fifteen years, a'la The Clansman, Lord of the Flies or 22 Acacia Avenue etc.

Considering how much effort they put into making Maiden England 2012-14 the ultimate 80's greatest hits tour by not putting that much effort to the set - funny enough - it is clear they can be a bit more imaginative this time. In other words, even though the 80's material is expected to be very dominant in the set, they don't have to follow that clear of a structure that SBIT and ME history had. Which means there is room for a little more "wild cards" in the set and even though there isn't too much reason to be overly optimistic, I'd say it's almost a certainty that they manage to throw a couple of, if not very big suprises, at least very welcome additions to the set.

And yeah, it is not my intention to be overly serious about this stuff; it's just a bit of a fun and general speculation, but at the same time I'm trying to base it on the logic and choices Maiden has made over the recent tour and how it MIGHT reflect to The Legacy of the Beast setlist.

1. The Opener
This is a tough one to guess... I wouldn't bee too suprised if they opened with Aces High again, for the very last time. I suppose Bruce could pull it of better than in ME tour, since it would be positioned as first song this time, but I don't know... I know they haven't decided the whole set yet, but I think they might have included Aces High Eddie on the stained glass art if they had serious intentions to play it next year. Then again, it would be pretty natural choice given the theme of the tour. Other good candidates include Be Quick or be Dead; Bruce performed it with Tribuzy ten years ago and while it's not in the same category as Aces High and Moonchild etc, it's definitely and excellent opener. Then there is Where Eagles Dare and The Wicker Man. Of the two, the latter is somewhat more likely, especially if they're going to incorporate the worlds from the TLOTB game in the stage set; The Wicker Man Eddie is pretty prominent there and it could be used to a great effect in a show too. Then again, can they open with The Wicker Man and NOT play Ghost of the Navigator right after it... :D So yeah, this is still a total wild card, but whatever they're going to play, I suppose it's one of those album openers. I don't see them repeating Give Me Ed trick and opening with TNOB again.

As much as I'd love to see Sea of Madness or Rainmaker here, I guess they're going with a more obvious one here. Any of those three work pretty well right after the opener, whichever it is, to be honest, but of those three I'd take CIPWM again. 2 Minutes is the most likely though, since it rested TBOS tour. It would be even rather welcome return if it rested ME tour as well and gave room for something a bit more interesting and fitting, but there you go... That icy backdrop was cool though. A bit more obscure choice for such a early position in the set would be Prowler; not too likely, but I don't see it completely out of this world either, since throwing in another song from the first album sounds like something they might actually do, but I suppose it's going to be Running Free or Phantom if so. Anyway, I suppose it's going to be some well known classic here.

Flight of Icarus is seems pretty certain now. I really believe they'll finally dust it off. Alternatively: "Good evening *insert city here*, if you're gonna die, DIE WITH YOUR BOOTS ON" and the intro kicks off. Played in 2003 and 2005 and I dare guess that they considered it at least for the 2009 leg of SBIT tour and perhaps even for ME tour. Not too demanding to any of the guys and they all seem to have good fun with this one. Or, if they want to keep the set even more unrelenting at this point, they could also go with The Trooper. However, if they're sticking to the 15 song setlist this time too, I doubt they'll play all three anyway. With 16 songs I wouldn't rule it out, but I guess it's just those too singles. Wouldn't complain about DWYBO anyway.

This is the standard "Bruce chats with the crowd and introduces the next song, which is usually on the slower, atmospheric and softer side. I could see them playing any of the candidates listed above. I really struggled whether to put this as the third, fourth or the fifth song, since the position of the BRUCE'S FIRST CHAT WITH THE CROWD SONG has always varied a little, but yeah, there you have it.

This was in the teaser video. As much as I like the song, it would also be a rather strange choice too, considering there is a large selection of more theatrical, which the band seems to favor, songs to go with. But yes, I could see them playing this or something else from AMOLAD, like Brighter Than a 1000 Suns. Not-too-unlikely alternatives include Phantom of the Opera and Dance of Death. Paschendale would work here as well. Dance of Death and Benjamin Breeg would be easy to pull of if they can't get Paschendale working (they dropped it in 2010) and want to play some post-reunion stuff.

They have used cyborg Eddie in their tour ads and stage sets quite a lot over the years, so it doesn't have to mean anything else than the inclusion of Wasted Years. It's a great song and I'm quite happy how it has been even semi-staple in their sets over the most recent tours, but I wouldn't rule out SIASL completely either. There is a chance.

8. The Clansman
This could easily switch places with 5.Time to get the crowd involved with anthemic and epic The Clansman, which I honestly think as a rather realistic addition, since Steve has stated he'd like to play it again and Bruce seems to enjoy this song as well. Also, the scottish flag in the tour adverts is a bit too obvius not to make one hopeful... This is another "slot" where Paschendale or something like that would work very well. Fingers crossed for... Sign of the Cross and that cool burning cross prop! It would great centerpiece to the show.

10. Brave New World
This would be another welcome return. I'd gladly replace FOTD with this, but you know... Just throwing this out: the inflatable TBOS Eddie was pretty impressive, so if they're indeed looking for new tricks for their stage show, an inflatable BNW Eddie, with some special effects, incorporated to the backdrop would be very interesting if they somehow managed to execute it well. This could easily turn into something VERY spinal tap or just look dope in general... :D

11. Fear of the Dark
12. Iron Maiden

The Prisoner would be perfect for this place, but I don't see it returning this time. They have favored TNOB at this place, but I'm just guessing they end up throwing it in earlier this time. Powerslave would be pretty cool encore opener too! Maiden has shown some intention to be adventurous here and there and TBOS setlist was pretty fresh album tour set (in Maiden standards) so you never know...
14. The Clairvoyant
15. Run to the Hills
Perhaps a bit demanding to be the last song, so there's always Running Free as an option too. I'd prefer if they kept Sanctuary out anyway.

Possible replacements/alternatives/songs I'd say are somewhat realistic: 22 Acacia Avenue, Lord of the Flies, Bring Your Daughter... to the Slaughter, Hallowed be thy Name, Blood Brothers, These Colours Don't Run

2. 2 Minutes to Midnight
3. The Trooper
4. Revelations/ATSS
5. Flight of Icarus
6. The Clansman
7. Run to the Hills
8. Wasted Years
9. Paschendale

10. The Clairvoyant
11. Brave New World

12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden

15. Powerslave
16. Running Free

-
Moi @Randalf, or is it hej?

1. The Opener
This is a tough one to guess... I wouldn't bee too suprised if they opened with Aces High again, for the very last time. I suppose Bruce could pull it of better than in ME tour, since it would be positioned as first song this time, but I don't know... I know they haven't decided the whole set yet, but I think they might have included Aces High Eddie on the stained glass art if they had serious intentions to play it next year. Then again, it would be pretty natural choice given the theme of the tour. Other good candidates include Be Quick or be Dead; Bruce performed it with Tribuzy ten years ago and while it's not in the same category as Aces High and Moonchild etc, it's definitely and excellent opener. Then there is Where Eagles Dare and The Wicker Man. Of the two, the latter is somewhat more likely, especially if they're going to incorporate the worlds from the TLOTB game in the stage set; The Wicker Man Eddie is pretty prominent there and it could be used to a great effect in a show too. Then again, can they open with The Wicker Man and NOT play Ghost of the Navigator right after it... :D So yeah, this is still a total wild card, but whatever they're going to play, I suppose it's one of those album openers. I don't see them repeating Give Me Ed trick and opening with TNOB again.

8. The Clansman
This could easily switch places with 5.Time to get the crowd involved with anthemic and epic The Clansman, which I honestly think as a rather realistic addition, since Steve has stated he'd like to play it again and Bruce seems to enjoy this song as well. Also, the scottish flag in the tour adverts is a bit too obvius not to make one hopeful... This is another "slot" where Paschendale or something like that would work very well. Fingers crossed for... Sign of the Cross and that cool burning cross prop! It would great centerpiece to the show.

10. Brave New World

11. Fear of the Dark
12. Iron Maiden

14. The Clairvoyant
15. Run to the Hills

2. 2 Minutes to Midnight
3. The Trooper
4. Revelations/ATSS
5. Flight of Icarus
6. The Clansman
7. Run to the Hills
8. Wasted Years
9. Paschendale

10. The Clairvoyant
11. Brave New World

12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden

15. Powerslave
16. Running Free

-
That's possibly the best reasonable setlist we've seen yet in this thread. I'd go to that concert.

1. The Opener
This is a tough one to guess... I wouldn't bee too suprised if they opened with Aces High again, for the very last time. I suppose Bruce could pull it of better than in ME tour, since it would be positioned as first song this time, but I don't know... I know they haven't decided the whole set yet, but I think they might have included Aces High Eddie on the stained glass art or the song in the TV ads if they had any serious intentions to play it next year. Then again, it was used in the tv ads and would be pretty natural choice given the theme of the tour. Other good candidates include Be Quick or be Dead; Bruce performed it with Tribuzy ten years ago and while it's not in the same category as Aces High and Moonchild etc, it's definitely and excellent opener. Then there is Where Eagles Dare and The Wicker Man. Of the two, the latter is somewhat more likely, especially if they're going to incorporate the worlds from the TLOTB game in the stage set; The Wicker Man Eddie is pretty prominent there and it could be used to a great effect in a show too. Then again, can they open with The Wicker Man and NOT play Ghost of the Navigator right after it... :D So yeah, this is still a total wild card, but whatever they're going to play, I suppose it's one of those album openers. I don't see them repeating Give Me Ed trick and opening with TNOB again.

8. The Clansman
This could easily switch places with 5.Time to get the crowd involved with anthemic and epic The Clansman, which I honestly think as a rather realistic addition, since Steve has stated he'd like to play it again and Bruce seems to enjoy this song as well. Also, the scottish flag in the tour adverts is a bit too obvius not to make one hopeful... This is another "slot" where Paschendale or something like that would work very well. Fingers crossed for... Sign of the Cross and that cool burning cross prop! It would be great and theatrical centerpiece to the show.

10. Brave New World

11. Fear of the Dark
12. Iron Maiden

14. The Clairvoyant
15. Run to the Hills

2. 2 Minutes to Midnight
3. The Trooper
4. Revelations/ATSS
5. Flight of Icarus
6. The Clansman
7. Run to the Hills
8. Wasted Years
9. Paschendale

10. The Clairvoyant
11. Brave New World

12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden

15. Powerslave
16. Running Free

-
Those are some good possibilities. and Remember that Aces High is played in the teaser video.

So, the rumoured songs till now are:
from the teaser video:
- The Trooper
- TNOTB - which is confirmed by Bruce
- Run to the Hills
- 2MTM
- Aces High
- Fear of the Dark

from the Maiden sources:
- FTGGOG
- Flight of Icarus
- Death or Glory (and maybe from the BOS album, IESF has a chance o_O)
- I think they also share the live version of Powerslave from the Live Chapter

And we all know that this song is always gonna be on the setlist : Iron Maiden !

Last edited:
So, the rumoured songs till now are:
from the teaser video:
- The Trooper
- TNOTB - which is confirmed by Bruce
- Run to the Hills
- 2MTM
- Aces High
- Fear of the Dark

from the Maiden sources:
- FTGGOG
- Flight of Icarus
- Death or Glory (and maybe from the BOS album, IESF has a chance o_O)
- I think they also share the live version of Powerslave from the Live Chapter

And we all know that this song is always be on the setlist : Iron Maiden !

Where have DOG or Powerslave been rumoured?

Were are the Maiden sources? There's a posibility that they were talking about a guy called Alexander? Or a famous avenue?:D

Killers
Wrathchild
Trooper
NOTB
Revelations
Where Eagles Dare
Aces
Icarus
Wasting Love
When the Wild Wind Blows
Infinite Dreams
Heaven Can Wait