Adrian, Janick and Dave's guitars and Steve's basses

You mean the black body one with while outline? I meant this one

smith.jpg

Wasn't black body repainted like this one but with a bluish tone? Kinda like a predecessor to Lazer, design wise

If you are speaking about this guitar:
bae05b0646e2cc8c12b1052c3329ab3a.jpg

This guitar now has a gold Floyd Rose tremolo and a white DiMarzio Super Distortion in bridge.

Isn't that a Floyd on the pic? Could be Schaller or some variant but there's definitely top lock up there

Isn't that a Floyd on the pic? Could be Schaller or some variant but there's definitely top lock up there

No that's a Rockinger tremolo (same as the Silverburst Lado). The pic of this guitar was posted a few pages back with a gold Floyd, but it has been deleted since.

Huh, interesting. That blue Lado in the first pic has a divided pickup and synth gear on it. Wonder what's up with that?

Huh, interesting. That blue Lado in the first pic has a divided pickup and synth gear on it. Wonder what's up with that?

The first picture is probably 1988. The next four are 1985. The blue Lado Laser was used as a synth guitar on SSOASS tour (on CIPWM and sometimes Clairoyant). It was likely a replacement for the synth Jackson strat, which had a crack in the neck pocket.

Oh yeah, duh. Also explains the single pickup Jackson on backup duty. For some reason I thought that pic was from earlier, but you're absolutely right and it's very likely from '88.

e: What I'm actually curious about is to what extent was the synth even used on CIPWM live? I keep listening to it on ME and I dunno, it just sounds the way it does these days and that's all done with keyboards mimicking what the guitar plays.

From the info I got being in a Lado group, it was carried with him during '86-'87 but never used, at least there's not any pictures showing him using it

Oh yeah, duh. Also explains the single pickup Jackson on backup duty. For some reason I thought that pic was from earlier, but you're absolutely right and it's very likely from '88.

e: What I'm actually curious about is to what extent was the synth even used on CIPWM live? I keep listening to it on ME and I dunno, it just sounds the way it does these days and that's all done with keyboards mimicking what the guitar plays.

I looked at the video of CIPWM live. The guitar synth is used only during H's solo, as a doubling effect. Nowadays he plays it with an octave pedal, I suppose.

Wow, that is the most pointless reason ever to bring along the whole guitar synth setup and a separate guitar. Damn.

Hi all :) Long time lurker, first time poster here. Now that the formalities are over with, I thought I'd repost the interview Black Abyss linked to in the Bruce thread earlier:

https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/23207-iron-maiden-out-of-thin-air?page=1

I found it interesting that Dave apparently used his signature Strat for both rhythm tracks and melodies on TBoS, as I thought it was only used a few times live on Iron Maiden.
I'd also like to know if his 1970 Strat previously owned by Martin Barre has ever been seen on stage, or if it's strictly a studio guitar. There's a rundown of each guitarist's equipment on page 2, as used on the album I assume.

Cheers!

Hi all :) Long time lurker, first time poster here. Now that the formalities are over with, I thought I'd repost the interview Black Abyss linked to in the Bruce thread earlier:

https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/23207-iron-maiden-out-of-thin-air?page=1

I found it interesting that Dave apparently used his signature Strat for both rhythm tracks and melodies on TBoS, as I thought it was only used a few times live on Iron Maiden.
I'd also like to know if his 1970 Strat previously owned by Martin Barre has ever been seen on stage, or if it's strictly a studio guitar. There's a rundown of each guitarist's equipment on page 2, as used on the album I assume.

Cheers!

It's the 2nd signature strat (the Sunburst California Series one), but he basically uses the original guitar live and in the studio and has, since 2003. He has stated in the IMFC magazine that it is his desert island guitar. But I think that he used Les Pauls (Axcess, 2002 Classic and ES-Les Paul) on TBOS mainly .

14g(4.2).jpg

And what you think about his new black Les Paul - I think it's pretty awesome ! If he uses this guitar on previous tours ?

Last edited:
It's the 2nd signature strat (the Sunburst California Series one), but he basically uses the original guitar live and in the studio and has, since 2003. He has stated in the IMFC magazine that it is his desert island guitar. But I think that he used Les Pauls (Axcess, 2002 Classic and ES-Les Paul) on TBOS mainly .

Makes sense, I just assumed he referred to the one based on the Kossof Strat, since he's pictured with that one. He does indeed say that he used the LP Axcess on most of the songs. The article even lists a Telecaster as well, but he doesn't mention this one himself, so I don't know if it was used on anything.

Makes sense, I just assumed he referred to the one based on the Kossof Strat, since he's pictured with that one. He does indeed say that he used the LP Axcess on most of the songs. The article even lists a Telecaster as well, but he doesn't mention this one himself, so I don't know if it was used on anything.

I think he just dug up the Telecaster from IM warehouse to take it back to Hawaii, because he stated something like; It's to valuable just to be stored. The Martin Barre strat was used by Adrian (I think on the solo of Tears Of A Clown, that sounds like a strat, but it could still be the Jackson 8432 Prototype, since it has a single coil in the neck position).

Back