The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

That's the Maidenfans Tour, for sure.

If it is Slayer and Judas Priest, I think they'd be playing more than 45 minute sets. Probably 12-14 songs each.
Which is too much for a support band in my opinion.

At Download last year Amon Amarth didn't open but they were on the main stage several hours earlier and put on a hell of a show. Second only to Disturbed and Maiden themselves in my opinion.
Amon Amarth are fantastic live. Great show in London last year and I'm expecting them to be awesome this Friday too!

Yes, I'd definitely be happy with Amon Amarth as a support band. Would they go for a growly band, though?

Ravenage....Raven Age....The Raven Age.... nooooooooooooooooooooo
Bad memories BW?

I seem to remember this lot being very keen to open for Maiden, not sure what they're doing these days though:
eagrab71.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

if you've actually seen the soundtrack for that game, there are some impressive tracks in there that would be great to hear again.... Here is the soundtrack list

http://ironmaidenlegacy.com/iron-maiden-legacy-of-the-beast-set-list/

Lots of goodies in there! Here are the rarities in the game's set list... it would make for an awesome show I think... I'd like to see Paschendale added though as well as Alexander or Stranger.... not one SIT song in there :(

The Fallen Angel (BNW) - played a few times in 2000
The Nomad (BNW) - never played live
Losfer Words (PS) - last played in 1984 ish
These Colors Don't Run (AMOLAD)
Where Eagles Dare (POM) last played in 2005
The Man of Sorrows (TBOS) - never played from new album
Empire of the Clouds (TBOS) - never played live
Shadow of the Valley (TBOS) - never played live
The Man Who Would Be King - (TFF) - never played live to my knowledge
For the Greater Good of God (AMOLAD - last played 2006
Out of the Silent Planet (BNW) - played a few times in 2000

it would actually be a tour of never played or rarely played tracks.... it would be fresh and appealing to me... with that being said, I cannot see them bringing The Red and the Black back again.... I think that song is too complex and will be sent to the grave...

there are 22 songs in the sound track so we know they'd knock a few out of there....

I know haha. I regret for what I've say, that would be a great set but no so attractive for casual fans, and let's not forget that they buy a lot of tickets for the show. On the other hand I ve never see them playing something from AMOLAD and I have some favorites from that set, let's hope for a great tour

Last edited:
I do wonder though if part of Maiden's rationale behind taking random bands on tour with them is that they want to keep the crowd their own. For example, I've been to shows before where I mainly (or sometimes only) want to see one of the support bands and I see this quite often with other people too. If Maiden were to take an already well-established band with them such as, say, Lamb of God for example (totally not going to happen, but just bear with me), then a not insignificant portion of the crowd would be there purely for Lamb of God and wouldn't care for Maiden. This would probably affect the atmosphere and could stop genuine Iron Maiden fans from getting tickets. It's also the case that Iron Maiden just don't need a well established band to support them as they have no problem selling tickets like some other bands do.

I ran into this exact thing in 2003.
When Maiden toured with Dio and Motorhead.
I had 3rd row on the floor for that show, and the side I was on was a sea of Dio fans. After Dio played, they were pretty much dead space. All through the Maiden set, they just stood there watching. Not getting into it or anything. It was sad. There's me and my daughter rocking out and getting into it, surrounded by statues.
This of course lead to the band spending more time on Janick's side of the stage than their own. :(

I ran into this exact thing in 2003.
When Maiden toured with Dio and Motorhead.
I had 3rd row on the floor for that show, and the side I was on was a sea of Dio fans. After Dio played, they were pretty much dead space. All through the Maiden set, they just stood there watching. Not getting into it or anything. It was sad. There's me and my daughter rocking out and getting into it, surrounded by statues.
This of course lead to the band spending more time on Janick's side of the stage than their own. :(

Man, I saw that tour and it was just pure madness from every fan during every band. What a bloody great triple bill that was. Probably the best lineup I've ever seen at a concert and I don't even really like Motorhead.

It's shocking to me that there could be that many Dio fans who weren't also fans of Maiden. I could see a whole group of Lemmy fans not really caring about Dio or Maiden, but I feel like the latter two are so closely related that you have to at least like both of them.

Back