Game Of Thrones

Dorne seemed entirely useless to me in the show.
I found it intriguing in the book however.

Later than I thought. Usually it starts in April. I really wonder what it will be like. One big dive into the unknown.

You guys seen the teaser trailer? Tells us nothing I think (kind of a huge recap) but man is it well-done.

The official running time of every episode in Season 7, confirmed by HBO:

Episode 1: 59 minutes.
Episode 2: 59 minutes.
Episode 3: 63 minutes.
Episode 4: 50 minutes.
Episode 5: 59 minutes.
Episode 6: 71 minutes.
Episode 7: 81 minutes.

So, we're getting 7 episodes at the same general length as 9 episodes...so it's basically the same length as every other season. WOOHOO!

Episode 4 leaked... I admit, I watched it because I didn't want to get spoiled (some scenes showed up in my YT recommendations and the titles give stuff away), but I suggest you try avoiding spoilers and wait for it to air. You want to watch it in HD, trust me.

This season has indeed been really cool. Not perfect, a little rushed, a little too convenient, Euron's ability to teleport is a bit ludicrous, but overall it's going great so far. Last episode was a doozy.

As for leaked episodes, I really have no interest. This is one of those shows that I truly relish in waiting to watch. It's great to have that week to let things brew in my head.

My thoughts on episode 4:
I don't think I can call it one of the best GoT episodes, because 3/4 of it was nothing special IMO. The battle, though. Damn. That's easily in the top 5 GoT moments. They've spent basically the whole 6 seasons building up the fact that dragons are powerful weapons and now they've nailed the reveal of their battlefield potential in a truly effective way.

Technically I have no business rooting for Jaime, because he represents the most despicable side of the conflict, but they've managed to make him likable throughout the seasons, so in this sequence I was totally identifying with his side. Throw Bronn in there and I'm with them for the time being... I guess that was the purpose. From the second it became clear that they're under attack I was sure they're all dead, which made for an intense watching experience. The feeling of horror was real. Pure hopelessnees. But then, when they were kind of striking back, I'm telling you, I totally felt like rooting for them to kill the dragon and Daenerys. This is how this show messes with you and it's great. :p

Oh, and it was really impressive visually. The fire looked amazing and all the practical elements (seems like a lot) made the battle look very real.

I have only seen the first 3 episodes of season 7 so far, but I'm really happy. They are heavy with plot, wonderfully shot and completely annihilated my doubts (you know, since the series overtook the books I was a bit worried and it was justified - cough cough snakes cough - but it was absolutely awesome instead). The last episode (03) was downright beautiful, with scenes that I will remember for the longest time. Also, Tyrion's "I trust the eyes of an honest man more than I trust what everybody knows." is a hauntingly beautiful quote.

But I still hate Danenerys. Her last action in the third episode actually redeemed her a bit in my eyes, but it's still not enough. I've been having this tendency to jump at the screen to strangle her throughout the series but with that "I put the faith in ME, DANAERYS", I nearly threw something at the TV.

Back