Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Rammstein is here tonight, and for whatever reason it seems to be the go-to concert for people who know metal exists but rarely ever listen to it. I'm not hating at all, it's just peculiar how some bands manage to pull masses of attendants despite having far less active listeners.

The reason is pretty clear, Rammstein is pop metal. Catchy music with simple song structures, simple riffs and super simple lyrics.

Not meant as a slight, I like Rammstein.

The reason is pretty clear, Rammstein is pop metal. Catchy music with simple song structures, simple riffs and super simple lyrics.

Not meant as a slight, I like Rammstein.

Maiden is also pop metal (the material that most people know, at least) but I'm sure less people would attend.

So you have like, 5 levels of fail? We've got "failed", "passed" and "passed with distinction".
No. 5 is the only failing grade. There's no 4, 3, 2 or 1 at uni. Elementary and high schools use 1-5 scale and uni's 5-10 scale is meant to indicate it's a higher level of education.

Maiden is also pop metal (the material that most people know, at least)

No, they're not. Big difference in how they write songs. Rammstein's lyrics are so simple that you can make them out using a dictionary even if you don't speak a word of German.

Rammstein's lyrics are so simple that you can make them out using a dictionary even if you don't speak a word of German.

Rammstein's lyrics are full of puns and weird idioms that require quite some sophisticated knowledge of German to understand fully, though.

Rammstein's lyrics are full of puns and weird idioms that require quite some sophisticated knowledge of German to understand fully, though.

Not necessarily to understand but definitely to appreciate, I'd say. :D

Last edited:
Back