The Post Your Own Music Thread

That's insane, Mosh. Really cool though! Sounds a lot like an Opeth song, but I can't remember which one...especially with that keyboard in there plunkin' around.

Thanks! This was written deep into the Opeth survivor so it makes sense that their influence leaked in, although I wasn't channeling them intentionally.

I've always wanted to post a finished product as my first contribution here, but that seems to be a pipedream due to ongoing recording issues.

So here goes, a raw demo instead. No bass despite being a bassist, just one guitar and a solo slapped on top. Some clipping and editing errors as well. Hope it's not garbage.

Last edited:
That was pretty good. Reminds me of Tribulation and Execration a bit. Good atmosphere. Was that a really quiet drum machine or I'm imagining things?

Working on a new project, this time trying something on the more Metal side of things. But with a Jazzy twist.

https://soundcloud.com/animal-soup/heavy-instrumental-demo
That's insane, Mosh. Really cool though! Sounds a lot like an Opeth song, but I can't remember which one...especially with that keyboard in there plunkin' around.
Thanks! This was written deep into the Opeth survivor so it makes sense that their influence leaked in, although I wasn't channeling them intentionally.
That was cool as hell, Mosh. Any Buckethead influence there? :p

Well this particular tune was written before I started my Buckethead journey, but I was reminded of the Pikes when recording it with the drum programming and focus on guitar etc.

This is fifteen minute footage from the first gig of the band I joined last year. We were invited to collaborate with a poet (the first 50 seconds in this clip) and played more songs afterwards.

That's pretty cool, Flash. I like the bass and guitar interaction, but one of them sounds a bit out of tune.

It's the bass, I realized it was slightly out of tune but just wanted to get it over with after struggling with the sound for hours.

Last edited:
Back