Vinyl reissues

Very cool - will be picking this up.

A few things I noticed -

1. No A Real Live One / A Read Dead One or Live at Donnington which I'm fine with because those are mostly terrible.
2. The original No Prayer artwork returns

I'd be very surprised if they don't use that mastering of BNW again.
I messed that up. Chris Bellman cut the HMV but as far as I know did not cut the RSD reissue. I have not heard the RSD. Just the HMV which is very good.

I'll probably pick up the studio albums. Really would like to get my hands on TFF! Might have to get Flight 666 too..

Not to include A Real Live/Dead One and Live at Donington could be seen as a controversial move.

I am somewhat disappointed. Not my favorite live albums but I would like them for completion sake.

However, Live At Donington still needs to be released on DVD. Wouldn't be surprised if they are saving the vinyl release for that.

However, Live At Donington still needs to be released on DVD. Wouldn't be surprised if they are saving the vinyl release for that.

I thought that might be the case, but it would really only explain the absence of Donington, not RL/DO.

The press release states "specially selected choice of four live recordings from this period", so they musn't see those albums good enough for a re-release.

But I hope with this batch of re-releases, they band are considering putting some more songs from this period into the setlist.

The press release states "specially selected choice of four live recordings from this period", so they musn't see those albums good enough for a re-release.

Yes, and my point is that I happen to know a few people who will see it as a personal insult that they haven't been included. Hence, I said it's a controversial decision.

They are all up on US Amazon for those up for pre-ordering. $370-ish for the lot. Thank goodness they are being released in waves.

Maybe they're not doing Donington because they're gonna do that 90s tour and rerelease it then as part of the history series.

They are all up on US Amazon for those up for pre-ordering. $370-ish for the lot. Thank goodness they are being released in waves.

So .. (including tax) $412.17 for the lot of them. Pulled the trigger and pre-ordered .. between this, 3 sets of tickets for the tour, 2 Trooper party tickets, and t-shirts .. Maiden has done well from me in 2017 .. not to mention plane fair and hotel

Not to include A Real Live/Dead One and Live at Donington could be seen as a controversial move.

Other things missing include

Virus single,The BBC Archives, Beast over Hammersmith, and Best of the B-Sides .. (not to mention any singles/b-sides) ... wonder if this stuff and maybe some unreleased stuff will see the light of day at some point. Honestly, i would prefer any of these over Donnington/Live One/Dead One

I thought that might be the case, but it would really only explain the absence of Donington, not RL/DO.
Yea, basically I can see Donington as a possibility still but at this point not RL/DO. Although if Raising Hell is included in the upcoming Donington DVD (which seems likely to me), maybe they'll do a vinyl release for RL/DO as well to coincide with that.

A vinyl release of Hammersmith would also be cool. Maybe a future RSD release?

Also, am I doing my conversion wrong or is the collectors box significantly cheaper in the UK than the US? I will drop ~$45 for it but not $70+.

I am keeping my money in my pocket on this until I can read initial reviews of the mastering and pressing quality. All-digital recordings mastered for an analog format seems strange and phony to me, but if these reissues sound good, then who cares. Again, I thought the RSD version of Brave New World sounded better than the original CD, so there is reason for optimism. On the other hand, the 2015 Onkyo hi-res digital remastered releases, which these reissues will use, had very compressed dynamic range. So, again, I will wait and see.
I hear you. I did that with the last lot as well. I hope the artwork is at least better.

As for the audio quality, all of the albums post seventh son are all DAT masters from what I could see...so its a digital source anyway

Also, am I doing my conversion wrong or is the collectors box significantly cheaper in the UK than the US? I will drop ~$45 for it but not $70+.

Your calculations are correct .. I am hoping we will see a price drop before they are released .. which happens a fair amount. IIRC the price on BoS vinyl dropped around $5 from the initial pre order price

Any disadvantage to just preordering from the UK (other than US somehow dropping below that price)?

Any disadvantage to just preordering from the UK (other than US somehow dropping below that price)?

You have to pay for shipping, longer delivery time, and depending on how you pay a possible foreign transaction fee are really all I can think of.

I have ordered some stuff from amazon UK and amazon DE in the past and the price made up for those shortcomings by enough to make it worth while.

Edit: The shipping times would not really matter to me for this, it is all stuff I heard before ,.. for a new album, I would want it ASAP.

Last edited:
Back