Nicko McBrain

I'm about to upload an entire concert of McBrain Damage in both MP3 and FLAC formats. The location and date is Crocodile Rock, Allentown, PA September 1, 2004. Links will be up later tonight or tomorrow for sure. Here is the setlist:

01 Intro/Where Eagles Dare
02 Wrathchild
03 The Trooper
04 The Wicker Man
05 The Rainmaker
06 War Pigs
07 The Clansman
08 New Frontier
09 Hallowed Be Thy Name
10 Iron Maiden
11 Number Of The Beast
12 Drum Solo
13 Running Free
14 Phantom Of The Opera
15 Run To The Hills

i love Nicko! he inspired me to pick up the sticks when i was little and i can't play like him but i still have fun! lol

my buddy and i watched the stream from grmany last week and his speech at the end had us in stitches. he's a national treasure!

Nicko with Trust.
nicko-mcbrain-1982-trust.jpg

trust-81-82b.jpg

There's plenty more from the LP on youtube! This is so cool, you can really hear more of his funk and blues-rock influence, but those fills instantly give him away!

Nice one Lego!

Is there more information about this (how did you know about this band)?
Someone shared it on the IMFC forum- I poked around Discogs for more info, and they have Nicko as being uncredited on the album. It's definitely him though! Apparently it's just an album full of football songs which, being a Yank, I know nothing about :p

Yes I hear that typical work on the toms as well. Makes me wonder how much more uncredited stuff could be laying around!

The earliest LP Nicko played on was Giltrap (1973) - kinda gospel record. I think it was recorded on the Fall of 1972.
I digitalized the entire LP to my computer and uploaded one song to YouTube.

The earliest LP Nicko played on was Giltrap (1973) - kinda gospel record. I think it was recorded on the Fall of 1972.
I digitalized the entire LP to my computer and uploaded one song to YouTube.

Nice! Never heard this before. But, his earliest known credit is on this 1970 LP by Cockerel Chorus:

But he was not credited on Cockerel Chorus... Somebody just discovered Nicko played in the session because at the time he worked for Young Blood records. I'm pretty sure he did other recordings too, but wether we'll be able to find 'em...

No official announcement yet, but Nicko will be sitting in with the house band on Late Night with Seth Meyers all next week!

Back