Official American Football Thread

The Packers rocked the house tonight! The Cowboys could be a different story though, especially if we don't get Jordy Nelson back. A BIG FUCK YOU to that asshole Leon Hall who ILLEGALLY(in football terms that is) head butted Nelson in the ribs. He shouldn't be allowed to play ever again after that.

All four wildcard games ended up being blowouts. I have a feeling next weekend's games will be a lot more exciting.

We also got the National Championship in college football coming up tomorrow. I hope Clemson will be able to at least keep it interesting.

Today's games weren't great, either. This post season has been a letdown so far. Although I'll be satisfied if the tradeoff is that the SB will be a nailbiter.

Tomorrows games will be better. As will the championship games! Everyone knew the Texans didn't stand a chance vs Pats (even though they held out OK in the first half...but Fuller dropping passes in the end zone didn't exactly help them ...) and Falcons proved why they are the #1 ranked offense....

I expected more from the 'Hawks today. Agreed that the Texans were a lost cause against the Pats. I just would have hoped for at least one game to be decided by less than two scores at this point. I'm hoping the Pack/Cowboys will be a thriller.

OK, that Packers/Cowboys game WAS a thriller. I thought for sure that it was headed to overtime, but that last catch was crazy.

OMG! That was one of the luckiest and most miraculous finishes I've ever seen! The Packers were very lucky that last interception turned into a huge penalty. I'll take it though. Now, onto Atlanta!

I thought for sure that the Pack was done. Their defense was wearing down, and if they made it to OT, I didn't see them making it out. Rodgers worked his magic though...can't wait for the Falcons match-up.

Feel bad for KC fans. Lots of silly mistakes throughout (those drops in particular)...though I'm glad that we get another Brady v. Roethlisberger showdown. You're right, Sixes, the Pitt D should be interesting against the Pats offense.

If Pittsburgh plays as good def vs Pats as they did vs KC they will be a problem for Brady for sure....but then Roethlisberger needs a better game too...

How many matches until Superbowl and who's left in contention?
The conference championship games are Sunday. The Green Bay Packers are playing the Atlanta Falcons, and the New England Patriots are facing the Pittsburgh Steelers.

The winners of these games will face off in the Superbowl, which is on February 5th.

Hoping the Pats can hold off the Steelers. There's a huge Steelers fan at work that I'd like to see crushed by disappointment.

Back