USA Politics

Well not really, Trump made it an issue again. But I think there are better things to talk about on the debate stage.

I couldn't help but laugh out loud when Hillary talked about furthering peace abroad.

Trump pushed the anti-interventionism policy, but he's flip-flopped on that many times before so you have to take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
Hillary needs to further push Trump's lack of a plan. He hasn't said anything substantial all night in that regard.

Well that could've been a lot worse. Trump was unhinged for parts of it but managed to calm down toward the end. Hillary kept her cool throughout and she didn't even cough once. They both had good moments and bad moments, I think Trump said more things that will make for negative soundbites. "That's just business" is going to come back to bite him very soon.

Trump comes off as someone with a lack of any plan or preparation who would be dangerous in a position of power.

Hillary is a rhetoric machine and most of her responses seemed very calculated. Whether or not she means anything she says remains to be seen. I think she came off better this time and hit Trump with a few zingers. Her bit on sexism toward the end was very effective.

Hillary beat Trump like a drum on a slow march. Slowly but surely. Man, the look on Trump's face when Hillary suggested he wasn't as rich as he claims! He was pretty close to losing it there.

I cannot believe this election is even basically considered to be close. Trump is a man-baby and shouldn't be allowed near power. And he showed it tonight. Hillary was pretty good, not brilliant (I doubt she has the capacity to be brilliant) but good.

The thing is, Hillary didn't even have to try to beat Trump. The worst things he said tonight came out when it wasn't even his turn to talk.

CtVBfb-XgAAb6s8.jpg

So even if Clinton was objectively better, the media only seems to talk about stuff Trump said. Only thing Clinton said that's been quoted is when she said he's mocking her for being prepared. I don't think his popularity will be hurt much by, for example, him saying he never said global warming was invented by China; I remembered that tweet the moment he said it. People who are bothered by that kinda stuff wouldn't have voted for him anyway; his votes will come from the uneducated people who only hear "jobs" and bashing of other countries.
I have to hand it to him; he gets so many people riled up with almost everything he says. If people ignored his crazy antics, he wouldn't have gotten this far.
They are both really really awful.

People who support Trump aren't going to be persuaded against him. Last night was eye opening because it showed how truly inept he is. He didn't moderate his views on any issues like some speculated he would, he couldn't answer basic questions, and he was constantly getting riled up and interrupting. This is the guy who is supposedly going to negotiate a lower debt?

LC is right, it's ridiculous that this is even close. In a perfect world neither of them would be running, but I don't see any reason to want Trump over Clinton other than ignorance, gullibility, or xenophobia.

I don't see any reason to want Trump over Clinton other than ignorance, gullibility, or xenophobia.

A deeply rooted mistrust in their government and perpetual lives of unhappiness? Which I know Trump won't fix, but it explains the anti-Clinton sentiment.

A deeply rooted mistrust in their government and perpetual lives of unhappiness? Which I know Trump won't fix, but it explains the anti-Clinton sentiment.
I file that under ignorance and gullibility.

I file that under ignorance and gullibility.
I actually agree with RTC. There's a huge segment of the white population of the USA that has been purposefully kept poor, dumb and stupid over the last 50 years, while other segments of the populace have pulled away.

Back