IRON MAIDEN ALBUMS SURVIVOR: POWERSLAVE WINS

Satisfied?

• Total voters
It is a nice and very heavy album. Nicko's drumming is immense.
Some songs like Brighter Than A Thousand Suns, Out Of The Shadows, Lord Of Light and The Longest Day are a bit long and a bit repetitive,
Those are my favourite songs on the album. I'm glad the producer didn't fuck with them.

1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11: The X Factor
12: Dance of Death
13: Killers
14: No Prayer For the Dying
15: Fear of the Dark
16: Virtual XI

Debut and Piece of Mind

Seems to me like TFF will survive at least one more round. :)

SIT and TFF for me this round .. but really everything left is excellent .. those are just slightly less excellent IMO

I love the debut and I actuall think the sparse production works in its favour. Sure, the actual recording might need some better EQ and Clive's drums don't sound as alive as in Killers and NOTB - but the actual production concept? Perfect.

With that said, this round I'm giving AMOLAD some rest from the spanking and TFF, BNW and TBOS get the vote. Sorry but until all the reunion era is gone I cannot vote for any 80s album.

TFF. Loved it upon release and was delighted with the different sounds on show (Avalon, Starblind, even S15). However, over time i have come to see some of these ideas as half baked. I love elements of Avalon, Starblind and MWWBK but still think each song drags too much for me. Those 3 tunes come in at around 25mins and represent major hole in the album for me. Im a big fan of pretty much everything else on it, to be fair, but dont feel it can compete with the remaining albums

Debut and TNOTB.

Both are awesome but... man, the other remaining albums are incredible.

Debut has Charlotte and Running Free which are weak, and TNOTB has Gangland, RTTH and it's best song, Halloweed, is not as great in the album as it is live.

Back