Dream Theater

Saw that yesterday, probably the sort of production Astonishing should've been (with the different singers and such). I'll hold out hope for a one off event like this.

It's a bit cheesy but still a cool performance! JLB sounds good too.

Very strong cast! I am not the biggest Ayreon fan, but seeing this is pretty nice. Irene Jansen (sister of Floor) and Anneke van Giersbergen are there as well.

Sign me up for anything involving Anneke.

Ayreon is something I can enjoy if I'm exactly in the right mood, will probably check this whole thing out when I'm in that mood.

Anneke replaced Mikael Akerfeldt's original role (who probably was too busy with Opeth to do these three or four theater shows).

Which album should Another Won go with in the Survivor? And also, The Astonishing: should I merge the songs like this:
1: Descent of the Nomacs/Dystopian Overture/The Gift of Music
2: The Answer/A Better Life
3: Lord Nafaryus
4: A Savior In the Square/When Your Time Has Come/Act of Faythe
5: Three Days
6: The Hovering Sojourn/Brother Can You Hear Me
7: A Life Left Behind
8: Ravenskill/Chosen
9: A Tempting Offer
10: Digital Discord/The X Aspect
11: A New Beginning
12: The Road To Revolution

1: 2285 Entr'acte/Moment of Betrayal
2: Heaven's Cove
3: Begin Again
4: The Path That Divides
5: Machine Chatter/The Walking Shadow/My Last Farewell
6: Losing Faythe
7: Whispers On the Wind/Hymn of a Thousand Voices
8: Our New World
9: Power Down/Astonishing
, keep them in the same order or eliminate the interludes altogether?

Which album should Another Won go with in the Survivor? And also, The Astonishing: should I merge the songs like this:
1: Descent of the Nomacs/Dystopian Overture/The Gift of Music
2: The Answer/A Better Life
3: Lord Nafaryus
4: A Savior In the Square/When Your Time Has Come/Act of Faythe
5: Three Days
6: The Hovering Sojourn/Brother Can You Hear Me
7: A Life Left Behind
8: Ravenskill/Chosen
9: A Tempting Offer
10: Digital Discord/The X Aspect
11: A New Beginning
12: The Road To Revolution

1: 2285 Entr'acte/Moment of Betrayal
2: Heaven's Cove
3: Begin Again
4: The Path That Divides
5: Machine Chatter/The Walking Shadow/My Last Farewell
6: Losing Faythe
7: Whispers On the Wind/Hymn of a Thousand Voices
8: Our New World
9: Power Down/Astonishing
, keep them in the same order or eliminate the interludes altogether?
Majesty demos?

I'd say put Another Won with Octavarium or Systematic Chaos, doesn't really matter which. Or possibly with the debut, since it's technically a Majesty song?

As for TA - just eliminate all the NOMAC stuff, it's pointless material that will only delay the game. And grouping them with actual songs might negatively affect opinions of those songs.

Put Another One with the debut album.

I really like the Astonishing grouping. :D NOMAC stuff doesn't really matter if you leave in or not, I'm ignoring it when rating those songs.

Also you can probably eliminate the first track on SFAM... isn't it just a dude talking?
No...Regression also features an acoustic section with nearly the exact same lyrics as the last part of The Spirit Carries On. It's a great way to start off the album (and even better to bookend the album as well).

I'm up for that! Was just thinking I should complete my DT collection and get the live albums I'm missing.

Back