The Trooper Beer

Lempface

The Guide
Hailing from Kentucky, I never thought I'd get to try this. Wife came back from a trip to Cleveland and bought me a 4 pack of large cans.

I'm very excited to try them! Has anyone else had them and what did you think of it?

I am part of a beer of the month club and get to taste a wide variety of American micro brews as well as some fantastic European beers, so hopefully this isn't disappointing.

I'll post my thoughts later today, 9:30 AM seems too early to drink these :).

Last edited:
It's afternoon somewhere in the world! :D

As for the beer, it's a decent one in my opinion. Although I've only had the chance to drink it two or three times.

It is my current favourite beer. Love the taste and the packaging. I like that Bruce actually had a hand in the making of it, they didn't just slap the Maiden name on it to make a quick buck. The only problem I have is my local liquor store often sells out of it lol

Pleasantly surprised by this beer. Definitely an English flavor, I like it better than New Castle, even though I like that one quite well.

Saving the cans for sure!

Not a bitter drinker myself but it is good stuff. However as a Chef I have found many other uses for it and can say that they have inadvertently created one of the best cooking liquors ever.

Like all ales, it tastes like it was wrung out of someone's sock (with a hint of citrus)... I bought it when I was in the UK recently, but it's no longer available in Sweden.

There's an 'Official Beer Thread' in the 'Can I Play...'-forum, by the way.

I'm a fan of English session ales, and I like most of what Robinsons puts out.
Trooper is a good one... I just wish I had better access to it, as it's pretty limited.
I'd like to sit down at a bar and kill a few of them on draught.

Like all ales, it tastes like it was wrung out of someone's sock (with a hint of citrus)... I bought it when I was in the UK recently, but it's no longer available in Sweden.

There's an 'Official Beer Thread' in the 'Can I Play...'-forum, by the way.
It's available in thirteen stores and available as order. So depending on where you live, you can bring home almost 200 bottles! Screenshot_2015-09-27-07-52-37.png

It's available in thirteen stores and available as order. So depending on where you live, you can bring home almost 200 bottles! View attachment 4529

Is the search function on Systembolaget's web page broken? It returns only the 330 ml bottles (88889), stating it is in stock only at supplier and for order at full 24 piece packages only at a price of 21,90 SEK a bottle. Not exactly what I would call 'available', in any case...

Is the search function on Systembolaget's web page broken? It returns only the 330 ml bottles (88889), stating it is in stock only at supplier and for order at full 24 piece packages only at a price of 21,90 SEK a bottle. Not exactly what I would call 'available', in any case...
If you want I'll post you a bottle, Maturin...

Do tell... :)
Most of these photos are early development try outs and look much better now they have been perfected. Don't have a camera at the moment to show final products but u get the idea

Attachments

• trooperfood2.png
    trooperfood2.png
    464.9 KB · Views: 20
Most of these photos are early development try outs and look much better now they have been perfected. Don't have a camera at the moment to show final products but u get the idea

I'll put in an order for the slow-roasted pulled pork, please.

I'm partial to a pint or ten of trooper

Obviously I first tried it out of curiosity as it was iron maiden beer lol but actually really like it. I've been drinking a variety of Ales for years now and this is definitely a favourite. Luckily I work in London and there's a fair few pubs you can get it on tap and a draught pint of trooper on tap is the best way to drink it, lovely stuff. I can get in bottle quite easily from a few supermarkets but they add a bit of gas into the bottles and the cans so whilst it tastes good it's better on draught.

Apparently they are brining out a premium strength version very soon, 6.7% I think. Definitely gonna be giving that a try!

Last edited:
I think I tried it like twice. I kept both bottles :D It's just too expensive; I could buy two bottles of best beer ever Schneider or 2nd best beer ever La Trappe for the price of one Trooper, and while I really like Maiden it's just not worth it.

Back