TBOS Tour Predictions

I'm sure they won't play Wrathchild. On the last tour it was dropped after a few shows. Also i saw them on that tour and Wrathchild sounded shit. They played it slower than the studio version.

I'm really thinking there will not be "The Red and the Black" ,so long,as long as Rime and i think there are no time for this one.

I think they could do "The Red and the Black" AND "The Book of Souls". Remember they did "Rime..." and "Powerslave" in 1984-1985, which would be about the same length.

My own personal prediction based on what we've heard from the band, Empire looks unlikely and is probably too long, Tears while different and a band favourite is maybe not an obvious live song. This added in with the usual classics and one surprise that will probably not be that huge a surprise, I'm going for this :-

1. If Eternity Should Fail
2. Speed Of Light
3. 2 Mins 2 Midnight
4. Death Or Glory
5. Coming Home
6. Book Of Souls
7. Wicker Man, Ghost or BNW
8. Shadow Of The Valley (I just think it's got live written all over it)
9. Red And The Black
10. Number Of The Beast or The Trooper
11. Where Eagles Dare (surprise)
12. Fear Of The Dark
13. Iron Maiden

14. Evil That Men Do
15. Hallowed
16. Running Free

I feel they'll play something from BNW but not sure what, they've played Wicker Man and BNW recently so it may be just one of them again or maybe something different like Ghost. I've said Number or The Trooper but they could conceivably do both though it would push the show up to about 1hr 55mins doing both. I'm not convinced they'll do a SIT song but I'd happily take Wasted Yrs or HCW over one of the obvious classics.

Bruce's "all clear" was in May and the beginning of the world tour is in February...plenty of time in between for the band's stage designers to create a massive Mayan period, an R101 replica and a spectacular Eddie.

Bruce's "all clear" was in May and the beginning of the world tour is in February...plenty of time in between for the band's stage designers to create a massive Mayan period, an R101 replica and a spectacular Eddie.

... that all has to fit in the cargo hold of an airplane. The TFF plane was not big enough for a big Eddie (they said they shipped one in for the South American shows that ended up being filmed). Not sure of the 747 is big enough to fit in a big Eddie.

Yeah, it is much bigger for sure ... just not sure if it is big enough/how much the larger eddies weigh and if they can sufficiently offset that weight with other stuff to keep the weight properly balanced so the plane can do plane things .. like take off.

On the whole, the plane tours are cool and it lets the band go to places they could not go using traditional transportation, but the downside is it somewhat limits the stage show in terms of size and pyro versus hauling stuff around in trucks

I'm less bothered about giant Eddies and more interested in the setlist, personally. I'm nevertheless very interested to see what they do come up with for the stage design, though. I suspect the reason for having very similar sets for a long time is that the layout they've used is easy to put together/take apart and the crew are very used to dealing with it. Dress the basic layout as per current tour theme and all is sorted. Personally, I'd love a Mayan pyramid represented there somewhere. And flaming torches.

I'm less bothered about giant Eddies and more interested in the setlist, personally.
Indeed. The setlist is of paramount importance to me personally. Interested in set design, but it ultimately doesn't make any difference to me.
And flaming torches.
Bruce talked crap about barbecues through most of the instrumental section of Phantom due to this. Could do without this, thanks.

I'm sure he'll find something else to talk about. Bits of the Sonisphere festival crowd were wandering off and texting during Seventh Son.

I was so far from the stage in Rock in Rio that I couldn't feel it :(. That's a bad thing about big festivals - too many people. The good thing is that you can experience Nicko's extremely rare drum solo, lol.

The setlist is definitely number one priority and here's hoping they play six tracks off the new album. A giant pyramid would be fantastic. And I'm curious to see if Dave will wear that long sleeve collared shirt he wore on the TTF tour or revert back to a Maiden tee.

So. Next announcements? They've been quiet for a little while, which makes me think an announcement of the next lot of dates is imminent.

Back