The Book Of Souls sounds so much better on vinyl (Videos)

Wow, no kidding! The mastering is so much better. I've got the vinyl sitting at my girlfriend's house, haven't played it yet. Looking forward to it now.

These recordings sound much more mid-scooped than the CD version that I'm comparing them to.
Which leads me to this question: if you digitalize the vinyl, then the sound depends on your phono preamp, possibly on some eq you may have, as well as A/D converter

I mean, it's not unambiguous as the CD (which is a stream of bits) ?

sounds great!

I don't have a record player right now, will need to hurry up and buy a replacement

EDIT: is there guitar fills at the last chours of IESF that aren't on the cd?

Don't think so. It's just that the mastering on the CD is absolutely bollocks so you can't really hear them.

They're there, but very understated. I thought that was a deliberate feature of production, but maybe not.

These recordings sound much more mid-scooped than the CD version that I'm comparing them to.
Which leads me to this question: if you digitalize the vinyl, then the sound depends on your phono preamp, possibly on some eq you may have, as well as A/D converter

I mean, it's not unambiguous as the CD (which is a stream of bits) ?

The turntable is connected to an Aiwa receiver and the audio output is connected to the laptop where I record it with Audacity, but I don't make any alterations to the audio, it's .wav at 24bit...
aiwa.jpg

OK, but Aiwa receiver itself may have some EQ? I'm asking because the difference is... staggering (sounds much better on your video than on CD in my opinion)

The vinyl is noticeably better. I finally listened to my copy last night, and the lead guitar is far cleaner and sits better in the mix. Definitely worth the purchase.

Vinyl is better than CD every time, unless the vinyl mixing has been fucked up. It's a dream of mine to have a vinyl collection but I can't afford it.

Could it be then that the 320 K mp3s out of a vinyl would sound better than the ones taken from the CD?

Back