"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's NOT the songwriting that's the problem. It's the production. Kevin Shirley sucks at producing Maiden in my opinion. I just hate the way these post-reunion albums sound. But the songwriting is definitely there.

It must be horrible. Everyday you wake up, listen to music and think "Gosh, this is garbage. I wish I could live in 80's, my generation suck" and they go to shop and buy another record dreaming that, by some miracle, it would be different. It must be horror to live like this.

Yes, but it's not like that for me. This year saw some pretty brilliant releases. Like Nightwish and BG, those were both excellent albums. Don't confuse Maiden's inability to live up to their past glory with other band's ability to make great albums.

WELL SHIT.
I swore I was going to wait. And wait I shall.

But damn, the boundless enthusiasm is NOT going to make the next 7 days easy.....

This is the most agonising thing ever.....is anyone besides myself going to abstain?

Yes, but it's not like that for me. This year saw some pretty brilliant releases. Like Nightwish and BG, those were both excellent albums. Don't confuse Maiden's inability to live up to their past glory with other band's ability to make great albums.

Nightwish has half the albums Maiden does. When Nightwish hits 16 and sounds like their past, you let me know. K?

WELL SHIT.
I swore I was going to wait. And wait I shall.

But damn, the boundless enthusiasm is NOT going to make the next 7 days easy.....

This is the most agonising thing ever.....is anyone besides myself going to abstain?

Yes, we have several Men of Principle on the forum.

Beyond the Red Mirror had 2 good songs dude, rest was just shitloads of bombastic elements burying the music under it.

And I love BG !

So, it's not a matter of living in the past and routinely not liking new things. It is about having the opinion that Iron Maiden, SPECIFICALLY, generally released better music in the past. Is it allowed?

Yea..if you're going to use BG as an example of great then I don't know what to tell you. :p and I actually enjoyed that album.

Don't confuse Maiden's inability to live up to their past glory with other band's ability to make great albums.
Only one who has this problem, sadly, is you. You still believe that they can't live up to the past glory but the fact is - why should they? Now they are playing in completly different league.

So, it's not a matter of living in the past and routinely not liking new things. It is about having the opinion that Iron Maiden, SPECIFICALLY, generally released better music in the past. Is it allowed?
It's allowed, I just don't understand why you act like people who like the new stuff are mindless zombies without their own opinion.

I have also previously on numerous occassions pointed out that I do like some new Maiden. Probably much of it, even. But that is obviously not good enough. I suppose you have to think AMOLAD is a godsend, or you're living in the past!

They haven't liked Maiden the last 20 years, they are just here to confirm it.

I was 2 years old 20 years ago, thank you. I have 3 reunion albums in my top 5, was certain Book of Souls would be Album of the Year, despite the single I didn't particularly care for. So when I say I find this album almost unlistenable, it's not because of some preconceived opinion I just decided to have. Would be glad to have that recognized, before I'm put in the "Play Classics and ebola"-zone.

It works both ways, man. Some think that people who prefer the old stuff are exactly that.
And some of them are. But you come here and constantly give 0 respect to people who have opinions that don't match yours.

So, this thread is about The Book of Souls. Not people bitching.

Therefore, I am going to start deleting posts from this thread that are not respectful contributions to the thread topic. If you want to dislike it? Great. Explain why. If you want to complain that it's not what you wanted, great, if you explain why.

If you post a negative opinion for the sake of doing so, I will remove the post.

That is all. Carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back