"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really excited about the size of it. It will take a long time for me to digest the whole record. It feels so good to have such a big projekt for this autumn! I kind of almost wish I won't love it at first listen, just so I can have more time trying to get into it...

So all in all: Bruce composed Empire of the clouds on a piano during their stay in Paris. After he finished it the rest of the band learned it and recorded it.Steve thinks that Bruce got to make a song that is brilliant. I am sold.

Okay, so we're all going to become experts in Mayan mythology now.

So all in all: Bruce composed Empire of the clouds on a piano during their stay in Paris. After he finished it the rest of the band learned it and recorded it.Steve thinks that Bruce got to make a song that is brilliant. I am sold.
The rest of the band? Does that mean there are no vocals in it?

Yes, I read it. But nothing in there includes an implication for me that there is a song without vocals.

Am I the only one who thinks this album has the potential to satisfy the maiden fans prog haters and maiden fans prog lovers? I mean... I've seen all the talk about the long songs of this album, and they certainly suggest a progressive approach. However, if you think about it, we got 6 songs ranging from 04:59 to 06:37 (more than half of the album). These songs could satisfy the prog haters, right? Especially if we got 2 or 3 rockers there. I don't know why, but I have the feeling that Adrian had this in mind...

Anyway, I am very excited about this album, even more now with Harris' interview (although he didn't say much).

Oh, this is my first post. I've been reading this forum for years and decided to sign up now, mainly because I couldn't resist and had to see the Kerrang interview (couldn't see it without being a member). Anyway, it's great to be a part of you guys. Greetings from Brazil.

Just because a song is really long doesn't mean it's progressive. I don't think Rime, Sign or Wild Wind are progressive at all. Starblind is much shorter than these songs, yet way more progressive.

Working my way through the Kerrang article, and it's pretty crazy that they had a pull quote from Chris Jericho in there. Fozzy must be doing OK for that to happen. The A-Z is not too bad either.

We can take a reasonable guess that the song The Book of Souls is about Mayan mythology, but other than that, the interview had little notable in it.

I'm happy at how thoughful Steve is about Bruce's cancer-scare. Compare that to behaviour of Kerry King when Jeff Hanneman got sick...

The nose thing apparentely went up to Eddie's brow (this is from the 'Apocalypto' movie).

images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back