Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Having stumbled across so many spoilers it doesn't seem worth starting with it now, though.

I feel the same way. One of the show's charms seems to be its knack for shocking its audience with twists and turns, and the ruthless killing of the well liked characters. I hear who dies right after the episode without any intentions. Just way too big of a deal to be able to avoid.

I've seen some episode of another show with way more excess of violence (the blood kept gushing all the time). Some Roman stuff. Horrid.

Would that be Spartacus by any chance?

-----

TFF was the first Maiden album that came out after I became a fan. I'm glad it's as good of an album as it is. Aged very well.

If we take into account that Brigs lives quite far north in England, the opposite direction takes Foro south of Poland.

A line through York (@Brigantium - further north?) and Delft would pass through Germany-->Austria-->Hungary--->Romania before crossing the Black Sea.

There's a chance of him landing where I lived for 18 years after crossing the Black Sea. Or just passing by near it.

I despised this show. Hated it with every core of my being. In addition to pointless, useless blood and nudity, it is also completely wrong in most aspects.
200_s.gif

What about "Rome" though? Foro praised it, has anyone else seen it? I used to want to watch it but have forgotten about it.

Didn't see jurrasic world nor plan on seeing it but I am shocked about the the amount of money It's made. It broke the first avengers record I believe. And yes Rome was a great show.

Also garbage.
I should add that my perspective of historical storytelling has a very high requirement of veracity before I will enjoy it. Rome, I found, had good actors, but often placed them in bad situations. In the end, any description of Ancient Rome that has most characters involved in orgiastic pursuits is at its very core incorrect.

One series I have been recently enjoying is Outlander, which has the same dedication to getting it right as the source novel.

I'm declaring this the summer of Wasted. I've had a great go so far, just saw Sammy last Friday night. In two weeks I'll be in Denver for Rush with old friends. And, if all goes well, i'll be in L.A. for a few days at summer's end.

I despised this show. Hated it with every core of my being. In addition to pointless, useless blood and nudity, it is also completely wrong in most aspects.

Haven't seen it myself.

-----

I've decided to keep a diary for the gazillionth time in my life. Not really a diary but more of a daily notebook. I'm fascinated with the idea of documenting things that happen and looking back at them years later but I just haven't been consistent with it. Gotta start somewhere if that's ever going to happen before I'm too old to start something like that.

Last edited:
I remember you complained about Game of Thrones, and mentioned some other fantasy series (books if I remember well) with more graphic erotics going on than in A Song of Ice and Fire (the books). I dunno. When people lean so much on sex in their writing, I wonder if they can produce excitement in other ways. Note: the GoT TV series has way more sex than the book (ASoIaF).

Last edited:
Back