THE WORST SONG EVER - WOT WE DO WINS!

Satisfied?

• Total voters
Neither Metal Militia or Crossfire are bad, but I prefer Crossfire. Great homage to 70s rock and one of Halford's better performances on the album. Metal Militia also starts to get annoying after awhile.

I'm sick of this TM hate! :mad: Seriously, it's probably nostalgia talking but I really don't think anything on there is that bad. Sure it's not great but it's a fun album that does exactly what it sets out to do. Zulu Lulu is a fun song. Blaze is dull generic metal.

I actually liked Revolution Now. Cool riffs and vocals I could actually tolerate. Reminded me of Queensryche. Ballad of Bull is my least favorite Sabaton song. The one blemish on an otherwise fantastic album.

Dogs of War is a mess. It's Alright is charming.

Definitely Priest.

I'm not a Zulu Lulu fan, but it's enjoyable. The Blaze song is just plain bad.

Speaking of bad, even a bad Sabaton song is better than a bad Any Other Band song. Revolution Now is a mess of ideas.

Can't believe I'm voting to save Floyd, but Dogs of War is actually kind of neat. It's Alright is a mediocre Beatles outtake by Black Sabbath.

1) Crossfire and Metal Militia are both pretty bad but Metal Militia is more fun to listen to.
2) Neither is terrible, neither is good, can't choose.
3) Ballad of Bull is a good beautiful song, Revolution Now is a pile of crap.
4) Dogs of War is boring, Sabbath is generic but more enjoyable.

What's so bad about Crossfire, apart from not being all-singing-all-dancing fast Priest stuff? Metallica get the vote for being dull.
The Blaze track never seems to go anywhere so he gets vote No.2, although I don't think Zulu Lulu is exactly one of Bruce's stronger efforts.
Helloween teeter on the edge of cheese, so not terribly surprising. Ballad of Bull**** on the other hand sounds like a particularly poor Eurovision entry.
I still don't mind Dogs of War. Sabbath are trying very hard to be a 70s boy band here, so they can have a vote.

Sabbath are trying very hard to be a 70s boy band here, so they can have a vote.
I don't mean to make assumptions, but is It's Alright so hated because it's Sabbath? Would it be as disliked if it was by a pop/rock band? I admit it's definitely an oddball song but I think it's nice when you forget who's playing on it. Plus I think Sabbath were often extremely versatile in the early days. Something that 13 completely missed when trying to make a "classic" sounding album. I always liked when they did something a bit out of the ordinary.

Zulu Lulu is a weird, weird song, but it's so weird that it can't really be terrible in my eyes. It's better than the Blaze song, which is just dull.

I don't mean to make assumptions, but is It's Alright so hated because it's Sabbath? Would it be as disliked if it was by a pop/rock band? I admit it's definitely an oddball song but I think it's nice when you forget who's playing on it. Plus I think Sabbath were often extremely versatile in the early days. Something that 13 completely missed when trying to make a "classic" sounding album. I always liked when they did something a bit out of the ordinary.

It doesn't help that it's Sabbath, I think, but even if it had been by a pop band of the day, I still wouldn't want to keep it. And I ain't no pop hater by any means. ;) It's not really a worst song candidate, and not hated in my case, but I find it nondescript. It's neither bouncy and fun nor mellow and sweet. Dogs of War, on the other hand, I actively like.

That's fair. I'm not sure what it is, but Dogs of War just doesn't work for me. That whole album just feels wrong.

That's fair. I'm not sure what it is, but Dogs of War just doesn't work for me. That whole album just feels wrong.

I agree with Roger Waters. It's not Floyd but it's a brilliant forgery. However, the live album from that tour was great.

I agree with Roger Waters. It's not Floyd but it's a brilliant forgery. However, the live album from that tour was great.
While I'm a huge Waters fan and had little interest in a Floyd without him, I admit it can work. Division Bell was solid and I enjoyed Endless River the one time I listened to it. I remember thinking Endless River was by far the most Floyd sounding thing they've done since The Wall.
For some reason though it didn't work with Momentary Lapse.

Yea there's some good stuff on there. Sorrow, One Slip, Learning To Fly. Good tunes but the album as a whole is very bad IMO

I hate Hooks in You, I really do, and yet we found something that was worse than it in whatever the hell that Dark Tranquility song is.

Back