Night Prowler's Future Survivors

I'd do Halford. Is that his pre-Halford (band) stuff as well (Light Comes Out of Black included)?
All of his stuff apart from Judas Priest and 2wo. And obviously I won't include his guest appearance for Five Finger Death Punch and similar junk.

I'm all in for some Sabaton. Although I just started listening to Alter Bridge so I may pop in from time to time and vote.

2wo is good if you like that sort of industrial sounding metal. He does it better than most bands at the time IMO. It's worth checking out!

The thing is: I never checked it out completely, because I did not like that sort of metal. I still don't. But perhaps now, many years later, even in this genre, I'd like to explore this album a bit more. After all, Halford is one of my favourite singers (perhaps even the favourite, there are days when I hold him in higher regard than Dickinson!).

Same goes for the last Halford album. I never heard it in total. When it came out I thought the cover sucked, and one or two songs I heard sounded cheap.
However, a few days ago I played the first couple of songs and really liked it. Damn, that title track rules.

You know, I don't like that sort of metal either. It's not my thing at all. I think he does a good job with it and has some interesting melodies to balance out the rhythmic stuff I'm not really into.

You guys can listen to 2wo, but I ain't putting it in the game no matter what, 'cause I really really hate it :p

Anyway, three bands tied at the top. Soundgarden is in the lead because it never had a Survivor before :) However, all 3 + Alter Bridge will be hosted in the future, only their order is undecided :)

Time to bring this thread back. I'm gonna do one Survivor after Alter Bridge and before Nightwish. These are the candidates:

Alice In Chains
Sabaton II
Soundgarden
Amon Amarth
Blind Guardian
Helloween
Gamma Ray
Slayer
The Clash

If you guys have any other suggestions, post them here because I'll open a poll in the next couple of days.

I'd say nay to Helloween, Gamma Ray, Slayer. Those bands have big dropoffs in the second half of their career.

AIC and Soundgarden are interesting to grunge fans like me, but there are better choices for the forum. I think the Clash will have a similar limited audience.

It should be Sabaton or Amon Amarth. I prefer Sabaton.

I'd probably only do Sabaton or Amon Amarth. Sabaton would get the most interest, I reckon.

My question was more whether I should add something else to the poll :p Seems not though. I'll wait till tomorrow. Yeah, Sabaton's probably gonna win, I'm just interested to see how popular some potential Survivors might be :)

Ask Mosh, I'm not gonna host that. Anyway, poll added. DON'T VOTE TACTICALLY! Don't go "Well I want Sabaton to win and I won't vote for anything else". I'm using this poll to determine how popular some bands are here, for future Survivors. So I want realistic results :) And also because I might let someone else host some of the games from this list.

Actually, I'd very much like an Amon Amarth Survivor, although I suspect other choices will be more popular.

Back