Night Prowler's Future Survivors

That bass riff
drooling-emoticon.gif

But yeah, Pork Soda, great album overall!

This is one of my favorite Primus songs:
Though that claymation pig on the album cover scares the living shit out of me.
Pork Soda & Antipop are both very well produced; the whole mix, Claypool's bass etc is all excellent. It's a great pity the rest of the stuff they recorded over the years wasn't mixed as well as these two albums. But DMV! What a bass line indeed. That was the first Primus track I heard come to think of it; and I believe it was on Beavis & Butthead too!

First time I heard Primus was on that Beavis and Butthead album, first time I actually listened to Primus was the Frizzly Fry album some years later :)

Claypool's solo work is also amazingly good. I'm wondering what pedal they had to put the cello through to get that tone because it's just gorgeous, I want that for my cello.

EDIT: Only thing wrong with this video is the crap guitar solo, you can tell from his eyes that's he's high as balls.

Any thoughts on a cheese survivor? Purveyors of the most cheesy metal going head to head. :p

It could take the form of a band v band or song v song cheese-off, either based on voting for your favourite of each pairing or voting for whatever you find the cheesiest. Not something to be taken too seriously, although there would be serious opportunities for arguments over what defines cheesy/upsets when someone finds their musical taste defined as cheesy.

Any thoughts on a cheese survivor? Purveyors of the most cheesy metal going head to head. :p

It could take the form of a band v band or song v song cheese-off, either based on voting for your favourite of each pairing or voting for whatever you find the cheesiest. Not something to be taken too seriously, although there would be serious opportunities for arguments over what defines cheesy/upsets when someone finds their musical taste defined as cheesy.
I'd only play it if @Perun hosted it :D :D

This is the preliminary list for the poll:

Alice In Chains [Night Prowler]
Alter Bridge [Night Prowler]
Amon Amarth [Night Prowler]
Blind Guardian [Night Prowler]
Dio [Mosh]
Faith No More [Night Prowler]
Helloween [Night Prowler]
Nightwish [Night Prowler]
Primus [Mosh]
Queen [Mosh]
Rammstein [Night Prowler]
Soundgarden [Night Prowler]
Tool [Mosh]
Yes [Mosh]

If it's OK with @Mosh and @Unknown One, I'd put Judas Priest after either Genesis or The Beatles. Preferably the shorter one of the two (which is?).

Last edited:
That looks good. I'll do Tool when/if their album comes out. I could do that with Yes too but that might be pointless if we aren't doing new material. Maybe we could do Dio in tandem with the next Iron Maiden survivor (late 2014/early 2015).

The Beatles are the shortest, with 11 albums. Genesis has 13. What if we did Priest after Beatles and Yes after Genesis (it would be appropriate to have Yes replace another prog survivor)?

OK on all counts. Except I'd wait for new Maiden album before starting another Survivor...
We can do that. Though it has always been a yearly thing so maybe if there is no new album by 2015, we could do one then anyway. I don't have a problem skipping 2014 though.

That is unless others want one this year.

Let's see what Maiden is saying before we decide on that one. If they announce they're going into the studio. If not, might as well do one. The yearly results are really nice.

Back