NOW WATCHING

A fan-made ending to HIMYM and I like this one much, much better...

Although...
they could have left the bit in about the mother dying and it still would have been ok.

Yea saw that, much better ending.
I was fine with the Mother dying. It was sad but I was fine with it. In fact it almost hit hard emotionally, but they fucked up.

I started watching 'Arrow' a few weeks ago, based on DC comics 'Green Arrow'. A billionaire is shipwrecked on an island for 5 years, and comes back to try and save his city from corruption/crime as a vigilante with a bow and arrow.

From reading around it seems that half the villains have shown up in either Batman or Smallville at some point, but not in a crossover sense, with a new origin every time.. which cheapens it a bit. But asides from that and it's constant similarities to Batman I'm enjoying the show.

The action sequences are very well down, some of the line deliveries are hilariously bad but on the whole the acting is decent and there are some fantastic characters. It doesn't have quite the "I can't wait for next week" feel to it that I get from Agents of SHIELD, mostly because it doesn't seem to have quite the same build up, revealing things quite quickly. Starts off a bit rocky imo, and a few of the characters are insanely irritating, but they are made up for by the rest. Nearing the end of Season 2 atm and enjoying it quite a bit.

I really enjoy Arrow. When I first started watching it, I was hesitant. However, it really is very well done. Best action scenes I've seen on a show (and CW show, at that!) since Buffy and Angel. Plus, it's actually well-written and (mostly) well-acted.

I do think that the island flashbacks have gone on for far too long. I'm hoping that they wrap up that plot and move everything to present day next season. Oh, and kill Laurel, please.

I agree with kill Laurel, but the island flashbacks are possibly my favourite part. I'm more interested in where they go next than what happens in the present - possibly because we have a rough indication of how the island ends and I want to see what leads to it.

I get the hesitant thing, I wasn't so sure at first, after seeing the pilot my first thought was "right so its batman..." but its grown on me a lot, I really wish they would draw things out a bit longer when it comes to reveals though. They didn't show Slades face for a while but it was obvious it was him for a long time because they used his voice. Slade and Felicity are the two best characters by far, Roy and Laurel the most annoying atm - didn't mind either of them when they first appeared but now I'm somewhat irritated.

There's some totally unimportant people doing some fantasy stuff, and then there's Emma Watson. What more can you ask from a movie?

Back