Best Opening Song

Whats the best opening song to an album?

• Prowler

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ideas of March/ Wrathchild

• Invaders

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Where Eagles Dare

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Aces High

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • Caught Somewhere in Time

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • Moonchild

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Tailgunner

• Be Quick or Be Dead

• Sign of the Cross

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Futureal

• Wickerman

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Wildest Dreams

• Different World

• Sattelite 15 The Final Frontier

• Total voters

Collin

Chasing Ponce De Leon's Phantoms
Really tough, Caught Somewhere in Time wins it for me.

Last edited:
Some great tunes!

In terms of opening tracks, I think Aces High is among the best opening tracks of all-time. So I voted for that one.

However, my favorite songs off the list are Moonchild, Sign of the Cross, Be Quick Or Be Dead, Different World, and Prowler (in that order).

My favorite opener would be Moonchild. I love the "seven deadly sins" line, the keyboard line following it, and the build-up towards the main part of the song, it's addicting. Sign of the Cross is a very close second.

A 4 way tie Caught somewhere in time, Aces High, Sign of the Cross(that is the most out of place song in all Maiden albums because Sign of the Cross should've ended the album not started it)& Moonchild

A metal concert starting with a famous speech by one of the most influential political leaders of the world, Winston Churchill. Aces High is the clear winner for me. Just watch the '85 long beach arena concert.

Where Eagles Dare is a real belter, but Wicker Man really grabs and holds the attention. It's an amazing opener live, too - worked to perfection at Rock In Rio.

Back