Best Opening Song

Whats the best opening song to an album?

• Prowler

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ideas of March/ Wrathchild

• Invaders

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Where Eagles Dare

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Aces High

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • Caught Somewhere in Time

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • Moonchild

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Tailgunner

• Be Quick or Be Dead

• Sign of the Cross

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Futureal

• Wickerman

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Wildest Dreams

• Different World

• Sattelite 15 The Final Frontier

• Total voters
Sign of the Cross is probably the best song on the list, but it should have been used to close the album, not open it.

Thus I vote for Moonchild.

Where Eagles Dare, Caught Somewhere In Time, Moonchild, Tailgunner, Be Quick Or Be Dead, Futureal, The Wicker Man.... all great openers. Sign Of The Cross is even a level above and in normal circunstances would take this...

But then theres's Aces High.

The best opener for me is The Wicker Man - that riff, so awesome !

Maybe this list should also include IESF.

It's not the fact of liking one more... it's the fact that Priest's was composed back in 1979 and the other one was "composed" in 2000 if you know what I mean.

It's not the fact of liking one more... it's the fact that Priest's was composed back in 1979 and the other one was "composed" in 2000 if you know what I mean.

Um, that's obvious, but Maiden riff differs from Priest after the first opening part, so that's why I like it more. The two riffs are not exactly the same, if you know what I mean.

Last edited:
Obviously :/ ... It happens that the folks of Maiden and Priest are old palls and beef between the 2 biggest heavy metal institutions in the UK (and friends btw) would be a shame. Therefore Priest Have done well turning a blind eye on this one.

Back