Maiden England Tour 2012/2013!

Tracks that have to be played:
-Caught somewhere in time
-Stranger in a Strange Land
-Deja Vu
-Infinite dreams
-Still life

I would say the chances of Deja Vu ever being played live are about 0.00, I actually feel the same about CSIT...but there is at least a chance. This is the Maiden England tour, so Moonchild will open. CSIT really would not fit in with the rest of the set at all.

Well they will surely play Infinite Dreams, about the other tracks... Who knows? Stranger and Still Life probably, but I dont think they will play CSiT or Deja Vu

If anybody wants to listen to the interview with Dave and Adrian, go here. Just a bit of warning, theres a few spoilers. Also:
I made a little mistake. It turns out Alexander the great is a song that they would like to play live and have talked about doing. They just dont think it would work well live.

I had a few problems hearing what Adrian was saying. It's like he was mumbling or not talking directly into the mic or something.

Anyway, we got confirmation of two songs that will be performed on this tour. Both of them will be real treats. :)

Tracks I'm hoping for:
Bring Your Daughter... to the Slaughter
Caught Somewhere In Time
Wasted Years
Still Life
Stranger in a Strange Land
Flight of Icarus

Bring Your Daughter? They should save that for a '90s tour.

I'm not surprised regarding the shorter of the confirmed songs, but I'm still stoked as hell! I've always wanted to see that track live. I'm slightly surprised about the other and even more excited.

I included that because they played SiT and SSoaSS songs on the last history tour. So I am sure they will play at least one song from a 90s album.

I'm Bored of fear of the dark. Its been played every tour since 1992 except in 2005's eddie rips up the world tour. Afraid to shoot strangers would be nice, public enema and run silent run deep would be cool too. But I'd rather hear anything from somewhere in time or 7th son rather than No prayer or fear of the park

I always say I'm sick of Fear of the Dark, but each of the two times I saw it live, it really was a great live track, so I forgive Maiden. :lol: But yes, I'd rather see ATSS. That's a personal dream of mine. That one and Sign of the Cross.

The most interesting part of the Dave/Adrian interview, for those who can't be bothered listening to all of it (particularly the early "guitar chat"), is at the beginning of "Clip 4". After touching upon AtG (Dave says "we talked about it..."), Adrian says (in reference to songs never performed live) "Pretty much all the songs that work live we've played over the years [...] we've tried everything...". In other words, they ain't ever going to play any of the tracks they've never touched live; it'll never happen. Which is... well, disappointing.

whoaaaa! That is great news on the confirmed songs. Still Life is still unknown though. . I also still believe it is possible the first leg gets a couple of FF songs we missed before. I have a sneaking suspicion "Coming Home, and The Talisman" find there way in, with Bruce introducing them as "for those of you who missed them on the FF tour." Which is just about all of us here in the States
Another thought I have been tossing around; this may be the tour that leaves "Fear" out. There is no reason for it. The bulk of the list will be classics and semi classics. No one will miss it. Of course I thought it would not be in the SBIT either....but there it was.

I wouldn't have anything against hearing Fear of the Dark again, but I can understand the antipathy towards it; it more or less has been a solid fixture since its introduction. I wouldn't be fussed if they chose to rest it this time round... but if the rumour of other 90s songs turning up is true, I just don't see them dropping it, yet playing Afraid to Shoot Strangers or Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter.

As for the lack of Somewhere in Time songs on the SBiT world tour, I suspect that was because that tour was meant to be emulating the Live After Death album rather than the Somewhere on Tour tour. So, in terms of Somewhere In Time songs, I suspect that only those from the original Maiden England will actually make it onto the setlist. The question is which one this time? It wouldn't surprise me if they elected to play, say, Wasted Years, the Prisoner and Die With Your Boots On during the North American leg; then, in 2013, they dropped them in favour of playing Heaven Can Wait, Killers and Still Life.

One song I think will be a definite fixture is Run to the Hills, most likely as the closing song of the encore. It wasn't seen on either leg of The Final Frontier World Tour, so it's most likely to make its return now.

Some other notes to make: the original 7th Tour of a 7th Tour did not add Still Life, Die With Your Boots On, or Killers until the UK Leg, and dropped The Trooper to make way for those three. There was also spariodic playing of Wrathchild, 22 Acacia Avenue and 2 Minutes to Midnight: all potential songs that may force their way onto the setlist.

And we know for a fact that if they did not play the suspected trilogy of Iron Maiden, The Number of the Beast and Hallowed Be Thy Name, people would faint from lack of standard songs.

So, throughout the 7th Tour of a 7th Tour, we saw a total of twenty two songs played, with an album breakdown below:

Iron Maiden: 3
Killers: 2
The Number of the Beast: 5
Piece of Mind: 3
Powerslave: 1
Somewhere in Time: 2
SSoaSS: 6

And, we also believe that we may see three 90s songs: it most likely would be Fear of the Dark, Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter, and a pick from one of the previous tour songs that survived their original tour; namely Tailgunner, Be Quick or Be Dead, From Here to Eternity, Wasting Love and Afraid to Shoot Strangers.

So, in conclusion, a pool of twenty-nine songs to chose from for a sixteen song setlist.

Keeping my theorey in mind about changing the songs, I believe that the setlist for the 2012 leg will look something similar to this, including 90s songs, potential additional inclusions.

Intro: Theme from Blade Runner
1. Moonchild
2. The Evil That Men Do
3. The Prisoner
4. The Trooper
5. Die With Your Boots On
6. Infinite Dreams
7. Afraid to Shoot Strangers
8. Can I Play with Madness
9. The Number of the Beast
10. The Clairvoyant
11. Fear of the Dark
12. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
13. Iron Maiden
ENCORE
14. Bring Your Daughter... to the Slaughter
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name
16. Run to the Hills

Reasoning
All SSoaSS songs: Will be fixtures for a tour based on their tour.
The Prisoner: Confirmed by Adrian and Dave
The Trooper: original setlist member, was not played in 2010 FF Leg in North America
Die With Your Boots On: Will be switched ouut in 2013 for Still Life
Afraid to Shoot Strangers: the most likely third choice of a ninties song; may be switched with Wasting Love in 2013
The Number of the Beast: duh.
Fear of the Dark: the only solid 90s chocie, could yous ee them dropping it when they didn't on SBiT?
Iron Maiden: duh.
Bring Your Daughter: its middle section allows call-and-response with the audience, plus a chance for Bruce to introduce the band.
Hallowed Be Thy Name: duh.
Run to the Hills: epic closing song, not seen in a while.

Well, that was a ridiculously long winded opinion. And I bet everyone a Creme Egg that I'm really, really wrong.

Back