Invaders

How good is Invaders on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
10/10, My second favourite Maiden opener, I never tire of hearing it. Full on, powerhouse rocking tune, Maiden at their best.

It starts great, but I only like the beginning and the chorus. Other parts are forgettable. 6/10.

Great intro, awesome instrumental section, love the use of scales in the verse. But for some reason I already voted a 6. Can I change to a 9?

7. Solid opener. I don't get the hate for the chorus of this song, I'm fine with it. Solo rocks.

The Knife Master said:
Great intro, awesome instrumental section, love the use of scales in the verse. But for some reason I already voted a 6. Can I change to a 9?

I'll count a 9 because it's your first post.

VERY fillery and a poor opener by opener standards. the chorus is disjointed and not enjoyable and the whole thing just doesnt prepare you well for how much better the rest of the album is. 6  as its still ok, suffers unfairly from its album and placement in it

Underrated song.It's a nice opener that ''unfortunately'' had to open an album filled with monsters. 9/10

7/10

Filthy fast opener with some good riffs, but not as substantial as most of the other tracks on the album.

I feel like this is one of IMs most underrated songs. Personally I thinks it's great beginning to end. Also, a great Maiden trivia question is to name the 6 actions of the Invaders!

I feel like this is one of IMs most underrated songs. Personally I thinks it's great beginning to end. Also, a great Maiden trivia question is to name the 6 actions of the Invaders!

I won't answer it, but excellent question! Especially the final one where I thought he was shouting another man's name. "Invaders.........RANDY"
8/10, but like Vikings so that bumps it to 8.5.

Bring on the flames, but I really cannot stand this song. The intro is awesome, the music is often quite good, but the chorus is so grating I can't even make it through the whole song. One of the only Maiden tracks with Bruce that I will give a "1."

What what?! I'm up. Let's go!
O Bruce! Where have you been! This guy Paul was on the last two albums and he was mainly good, but yeah. He's not you.
Belt it loud and proud. Invadaaahs! It's in your face and taking no prisoners.
This song is as good of an album intro as you can get and it's unfortunate that so many others don't like it.

10/10

Back