Blaze Bayley

Re: B L A Z E / Wolfsbane

I really really really like the new song.  I've been listening to it non stop for the last week or so.

I just love it when all the instruments cut out and Blaze says "There is a noose around my neckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!"

Forostar said:
When the drummer does the double bass parts you can hear that one foot hits the drum harder than the other one.

That just shows that he's not using triggers, like all those ugly cheats... *cough*Jeff Singer*cough*Nick Barker*cough*cough*  ;)

Maverick said:
That just shows that he's not using triggers, like all those ugly cheats... *cough*Jeff Singer*cough*Nick Barker*cough*cough*  ;)

Jeff Singer used triggers????

He sounds awesome on ALAIG!

GuineaPig said:
Jeff Singer used triggers????

He sounds awesome on ALAIG!

Awesome on WHAT??? Use words if you want to be understood...  <_<

And anyway, yes. Jeff Singer uses triggers. Obvious.

Perhaps. Do you hear that by the sound of the drums (as well)? It could also be corrected by studio-techniques, independent of whatever the drummer did.

Well, the sound of the drums (and most other instruments) always gets processed by an equalizer and the overall sound changes quite a bit after the mastering process...

ALAIG = As Live As It Gets.

gulranek said:
Well, the sound of the drums (and most other instruments) always gets processed by an equalizer and the overall sound changes quite a bit after the mastering process...

ALAIG = As Live As It Gets.

Yeah... I was being lazy.

Yeah the new songs sounds quite good, but I am afraid I hear some false notes sung by Blaze here and there. Or is my hearing wrong? But still, I'm curious about the new album.

Sound clips at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001A9 ... 69&sr=8-13

Well, nothing spectacular, I think, but also nothing too terribe, it sounds all the same, it seems, hm. Well, maybe whole songs will sound better. What I am really interested in, is the song called 'While You Were Gone'. Well, we'll see :) Release date is quite close :)

So, anyone else got the new album yet? I personally love it!
Liking Samurai and Smile Back at Death at the moment, not listened to the whole album yet, but those are may faves so far.

I preordered it, got it 2 days ago.

I think it's going to be a grower.  A couple songs struck me right off the bat, notably "Robot" (which is incredibly awesome!!!!) and "The Man Who would Not Die".  Unfortunately, I think the lyrics are a bit lame and cheesy in places.

Yeah, but then I dont really expect anything less.
Some songs I currently dont like that much (Blackmailer, a couple of parts of others), although I do see them becoming enjoyable later or live. Definitely a strong album so far, I'm not so sure if it beats the rest of his discography, we shall see.

I just got the album today, and I was blown away. I found his previous albums a bit slow and hard to get into, but this, in my opinion at least, is Blaze's best work since The X Factor.

I don't like Blaze's "new" singing style, it looks like he's lost a bit of his abilities, he practically yells throughout the album, somehow he's missing a nuance, I don't know how to describe it.

After having listened to the album once, I have to say that I don't like the new direction, double bass drums, 180 bpm songs... This isn't my final opinion though, I'll listen to the album a couple of more times. But for now it seems far away from the likes of Silicon Messiah and Tenth Dimension.

A new DVD coming out, filmed in Switzerland.
Teaser: click

Check out The Clansman in Rio de Janeiro.

Tourdates:
europe_tour.jpg

(Perhaps the topic title should be changed in Blaze Bayley - like the other persons on this solo board?)

Who's seeing Blaze on the tour?  I'll be going, it's right after my birthday and will be my first time seeing Blaze live. :)

Nice The Clansman video, by the way, I really hope they play that on the tour.

I'll probably be seeing him in Hamburg.

Back