Bruce Dickinson

True. People can congratulate someone or tell other people to fuck off in private, without the need of the rest of the world to know. That being said, when they do it in public it makes things livelier. :lol:

In principle, I am of the same opinion.
However, I think it's a bit trickier. Because if you have social media (alternatively, don't) and use it, you have to find the right point at which you can make things private again.
For example, if you announce your band's show, it's also consistent to post afterwards that you had a lot of fun, etc.
If you break off at the wrong point, it's always perceived as strange and can then start rumors, which you have to bear in mind.

And that's part of what's wrong with social media. Roy Z is not participating in the tour. Can we stop expecting him to drop a statement or whatever, and keep ourselves from creating or perpetuating rumors and just wait and see? Like, stop with the speculations about their relationship and go along for the ride. Roy does not owe it to anybody to post on social media to keep the rest from speculating. And if he really wanted to go on tour, but for some reason couldn't, then it might not be so fun for him to publicly comment about how the other guys are doing on tour.

Summary: Stop expect people to post on social media.

Last edited:
Bruce and Roy were at Uli gig together just before Whiskey shows.

I still think Roy can't handle touring (same reason as 1998), but if he tours with Tribe, that would prove untrue. Maybe the original band did rehearse, and Roy wasn't in a good shape playing-wise so he decided to step down.

The abscence of Adrian at the Whiskey shows, despite his wife and his best friend being there is also strange, but I think the reasons there are just fishy...

Everything is great. But TOS album needs a lot more love. Bruce? BTP songs were played back then.

It seems the songs for rotation are - Laughing In The Hiding Bush, Starchildren, Jerusalem, maybe Navigate (I don't want that) and shockingly Road To Hell. For now. Plus more, I guess. I'm ok with the first three. He can also add Gods Of War. These are the changes I would make.
  • I think they'll try at least 2 more TCW songs, 2/3 AOB songs (I hope), at least 2 TOS songs (3 at most) and maybe 1 each from BTP, Skunkworks (maybe more) and TM.

I wonder when he will rotate some of the new songs, although those 4 songs are so good live (especially Many Doors). He can't replace some of them with a longer song like Shadow (I guess), but Rain or Resurrection Men (doubt it) with Mistress and Wounds would be equally awesome. I would like this.

And that's part of what's wrong with social media. Roy Z is not participating in the tour. Can we stop expecting him to drop a statement or whatever, and keep ourselves from creating or perpetuating rumors and just wait and see? Like, stop with the speculations about their relationship and go along for the ride. Roy does not owe it to anybody to post on social media to keep the rest from speculating. And if he really wanted to go on tour, but for some reason couldn't, then it might not be so fun for him to publicly comment about how the other guys are doing on tour.

Fair enough, but you have to bear in mind that the tour was advertised and promoted with Roy Z as the only guitar player...

Man, Navigate The Seas Of The Sun sounds phenomenal. Bruce really needs to utilize his mid and lower range more, sounds fantastic.
It works beautifully live. That said I didn't really like the ending and don't think it works. Would've preferred something closer to the album and leaving the "ah"s and "oh"s out (or to the backing vocals). Nevertheless really happy that it made the setlist.

Fair enough, but you have to bear in mind that the tour was advertised and promoted with Roy Z as the only guitar player...
Sure - And then he for some reason was off the tour. Why would an absence of a "great job guys" post mean that Roy Z and Bruce had a falling out? It's well known that Z has had issues that impact his ability to tour.

Bruce and Roy were at Uli gig together just before Whiskey shows.

Weren't they at different shows? Bruce at the Whisky A Go Go and Roy Z at The Coach House in San Juan Capistrano?

Weren't they at different shows? Bruce at the Whisky A Go Go and Roy Z at The Coach House in San Juan Capistrano?

I had in my memory that there was a photo of Uli with Roy and Leana in the same picture. Maybe I messed up...

You're absolutely right, but that's just not the reality with most people.
That's why I prefer - if I have posted on the topic before - to congratulate or whatever it may be, because I prefer that to setting the rumor mill buzzing instead.

Man, Navigate The Seas Of The Sun sounds phenomenal. Bruce really needs to utilize his mid and lower range more, sounds fantastic.
It works beautifully live. That said I didn't really like the ending and don't think it works. Would've preferred something closer to the album and leaving the "ah"s and "oh"s out (or to the backing vocals). Nevertheless really happy that it made the setlist.
Bruce said it was only briefly rehearsed twice, at the end of the song he seemed thrilled they pulled it off, I'm sure they will work on the ending more .

'Navigate The Seas Of The Sun' sounds great. Bruce struggles with 'Book of Thel'. I still not understand why is at the end of the show.
He struggles more with Darkside Of Aquarius and struggled more with the pre-chorus of Road To Hell.

My only complaint of the show was the cover of Frankenstein, it bored me to death and it brought the energy down of the whole show, everyone is standing there like yeah wrap this shit up now please. doesn't need to be there at all.

Back