Bruce Dickinson

If Afterglow Of Ragnarok is real, then we've got Norse, Greek (the letters in the promotional material) and Mesoamerican (Pyramids) influences already + an apparent sci-fi theme. Kinda feels like Bruce's attempt at something like the Something Wicked Saga.
Really cool. He said series of characters and stories, so it makes sense.

Btw, if this song title is real (I hope it is), I guess it will be a shorter fast melodic rocker in a power/speed metal style.
Euro dates in May/June it is then.
So, a 3-month tour (April-June). Album released in February. Maybe he will tour in March as well. July? It depends on Maiden. 4/5 months would be a great achievement for Bruce, but he will need some break before the Maiden tour. I just hope if he will play festivals (like Download), it's not a shorter set.

If Afterglow Of Ragnarok is real, then we've got Norse, Greek (the letters in the promotional material) and Mesoamerican (Pyramids) influences already + an apparent sci-fi theme. Kinda feels like Bruce's attempt at something like the Something Wicked Saga.
I agree. Alien professor Necropolis will exploit ancient civilizations to create elixir of eternal life.

It was listed for release in early December 2023. One line said Dec 1, and another said something later in that first week of the month.

First line (Dec 1) was the release date, the other was just shipping information.

Here's a Czech store having it too:

Considering Bruce's statements about preferring bigger stages, I'm kind of expecting mostly festival slots and similar non-headline shows, with maybe a few smaller venue shows dotted in here and there in markets where it makes sense with a full set. Don't think he'd be very satisfied with touring mostly clubs even if it guaranteed a full set at every show.

Considering Bruce's statements about preferring bigger stages, I'm kind of expecting mostly festival slots and similar non-headline shows, with maybe a few smaller venue shows dotted in here and there in markets where it makes sense with a full set. Don't think he'd be very satisfied with touring mostly clubs even if it guaranteed a full set at every show.

Yeah. I am afraid his ego would prefer playing at big festivals rather than headline shows at venues holding 1000-2000 people instead, even if that means playing a shorter set.

That performance is one hot mess. TBH.

Shouting random rock hits over the same chord progression.

It was just a chaotic jam following some short gigs by some (great) bands at the annual awards ceremony of a Spanish radio rock show (Emisión Pirata) back in 1996. Bruce was there promoting Skunkworks and (allegedly) ended up partaking enthusiastically in all the backstage shenanigans…

Last edited:
Single sounds interesting. Guessing it’s gonna be a progressive with a few dark elements.
Dark elements, most likely, but I think it will be more of a traditional and catchy metal single than progressive. Although if it's 5-6 minutes, it could be. I wouldn't rule out an acoustic intro for it. Could it be the other snippet we heard from Tanya? It fits the title of the song.

Back