The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't see the point in FTTB. How can you enjoy the show after 3+ hours of standing next to a million other people?
Ummm... meeting other like-minded fans, getting to know them, hanging out all day, and then belting along to every single guitar riff and lyric together as one big chorus in the front row is an incredible way to experience Iron Maiden.

So there wil be 4 shows in the middle of nowhere? and thats all? strange
No, not at all. Wacken was going to be it this year for Maiden. Then Power Trip backed up the Brinks truck for them to play the festival. So instead of going over there and doing a one-off show after finishing touring for almost 2 months and maybe being a bit rusty they scheduled a few warm shows beforehand. It makes sense.

Dortmund 2 was also a fantastic show.
Yes, I heard a wrong note here and there and a transition that could still be worked on.
But really I don't want to list that because it would give a wrong impression.

The band sounds great and they are in top form.
I suspect many singers would like to know what exactly Bruce did to prepare.
And thanks, Janick, the solo from "Hell on Earth" was not the original album version, but already closer than at other gigs this time I would say. So, thanks again, haha! I like his stage presence.
Did Adrian also play the Flying V at Dortmund 1?

But seriously, the security crew was useless. I was standing on a platform so I couldn't intervene, but there were 3 guys who started a brawl on the left hand side of the field and the security was just staring into the air, unbelievable.

Was there also a cameraman at Dortmund 1 who filmed the fans' reactions to "Hell on Earth" from the middle of the stage riser?

Where was this confirmed? MagentaTV doesn't mention Maiden among the live streamed acts.
A friend texted me... Let me check myself for sure.

Edit: Well, can't seem to find it either. We shall see. He texted me very convinced. Let's see...

Edit 2: Yeah, it's likely that he fucked up.

Last edited:
Anyways, checked a few sites and it seems like there will be no Wacken stream and my friend can't read the websites properly. Sorry about that.

But seriously, the security crew was useless. I was standing on a platform so I couldn't intervene, but there were 3 guys who started a brawl on the left hand side of the field and the security was just staring into the air, unbelievable.

Was there also a cameraman at Dortmund 1 who filmed the fans' reactions to "Hell on Earth" from the middle of the stage riser?
Was one of them about 2 meter tall , dark hair and a denim vest with loads of patches and another short fat bald guy? If so, those were at the first show as well and total assholes and almost ruined the gig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back