Adrian, Janick and Dave's guitars and Steve's basses

Another source for this is that when his Marshall preamp broke down in 2016 during the song, he could still play the solo just fine despite not being able to play rhythm for the entire song basically. Adrian didn't know this and soloed over Janick.
In the video posted above, Janick wasn't onstasge when H started to play the solo, he only appeared onstage at the end when the solo was more or less over.

In the video posted above, Janick wasn't onstasge when H started to play the solo, he only appeared onstage at the end when the solo was more or less over.
Yeah but if you listen to the audio, it's a mess of two solos over one another. Jan obviously just went ahead and played the solo like normal, presumably because his tech informed him he's good to go since it's the one solo he does with the Boogie. I doubt he was really thinking about whether he was on stage or not and H obviously took the mucking about as "well somebody's gotta play the solo if his rig's not working". It happens.

Dave with the White Stratocaster during the World Slavery Tour - was it only used for ''Iron Maiden'' or maybe for ''Run To The Hills'' too?

Attachments

• Dave live 1985.jpg
    Dave live 1985.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 20
Dave with the White Stratocaster during the World Slavery Tour - was it only used for ''Iron Maiden'' or maybe for ''Run To The Hills'' too?
Japanese Squier with a Kahler. Iron Maiden only.

This guitar with a different pickguard is now at Matt's guitar shop.

Happy New Year. I apologize if this has already been answered, but I went pretty far back through this thread and didn't find the answer:

Does anyone know what model of Strat this is? I believe Dave used it on the Book of Souls tour and maybe on Legacy of the Beast (he didn't use it in the show I say this past September).

It's an unusual configuration: big headstock, 22 frets, HSH, Floyd Rose - almost like an American Special, but with a Floyd. I've never seen a stock Strat model with this configuration. The only big head Floyd Rose Strats I'm aware of are the MIM Deluxe FR Strat and the MIJ ST-72FR.

192b55d99b95a3092fade3068e1e6870--iron-maiden-in-new-york.jpg

DF713AAC-maidendet-image.jpg

Happy New Year. I apologize if this has already been answered, but I went pretty far back through this thread and didn't find the answer:

Does anyone know what model of Strat this is? I believe Dave used it on the Book of Souls tour and maybe on Legacy of the Beast (he didn't use it in the show I say this past September).

It's an unusual configuration: big headstock, 22 frets, HSH, Floyd Rose - almost like an American Special, but with a Floyd. I've never seen a stock Strat model with this configuration. The only big head Floyd Rose Strats I'm aware of are the MIM Deluxe FR Strat and the MIJ ST-72FR.

192b55d99b95a3092fade3068e1e6870--iron-maiden-in-new-york.jpg

DF713AAC-maidendet-image.jpg
This is a Fender Custom Shop Strat. It made it's first appearance at Alice Cooper's new year eve gig (Dave played a few songs including Ace of spades). It has a sister guitar, which is made in Mexico according to Colin.

It was Dave's main guitar at the beginning of TBOS tour, however, California Series Strat came back into rotation after a few shows, so it became his secondary. It was used as secondary guitar on LOTB 18 and 19 tours, however, in 2022, Dave swapped it for his Cream Floyd Rose Strat (I assume because of the set change and Dave preferred Hot Rails to JB's for Senjutsu songs and Revelations/Blood Brothers), but the guitar is still in the road case.

Speaking of pickups, durig the Hawaii AC gig it had a standard Dave combo of JB/59. Before TBOS those were switched for JB/custom Alternative 8 in white and lastly before Prague gig in 2016 this guitar got a JB/Jazz (JB set) combo.

Would love if Adrian dusted off one of the Lado Earth's before they call it a career. Although, not sure if he still has them...
That'd be the day. I'd love to see Dave with his some of his own Jacksons (The white one and the Black one), but I doubt it'll happen.

Back