Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I thank you all but the truth is that I’m ridden with anxiety because of the two-week military training that will begin in two days.

Don't worry Saap it's normal they call you for training under these circumstances but no way they send you anywhere within the next year.

Wasn't Musk saying that the most important people on Twitter are the programmers and all that crap? Then why doesn't he put an engineering executive on the helm then?
Because Twitter’s biggest issue right now is profitability, which can be addressed in a number of ways, some more technical than others.

But I agree in principle with tech companies generally being better off when run by people with engineering backgrounds.

I thank you all but the truth is that I’m ridden with anxiety because of the two-week military training that will begin in two days.

Keep your pecker up. Tolkien turnt his army experience into a lifetime of wonder and inspiration. Just now I'm reading The Fall of Gondolin where Christopher writes about how it all began precisely there.

TFOG.png

(yes, I admit I am influenced by how much both Lewis and Tolkien were influenced by the army and the war - and, well, Evelyn Waugh's Brideshead Revisited as well, at least partially - but I still thought it might offer a different perspective.)

Anyway, I'm lying in bed, sick, having had high fevers in these past few days and a nasty nasal infection, but the worst is thankfully behind me.

Because Twitter is a business. Businesses need to be run by people who understand markets. Programmers build Twitter, but they don't sell it.

It's just that I was expected to see an Engineer CEO based on what he has said in the past.
Otherwise, Executives do understand business no matter background and most of Big Tech is run by engineers, Microsoft, Apple, Google, etc. Everything depends on where you want to focus as a company in this particular moment.
What Musk wants to achieve is transforming Twitter in WeChat-like Mega App and take over the world. For this burden an Engineer CEO would be better suited.
But it seems he wants to achieve two things simultaneously both transformation and profitability and this is the way he chose to juggle it.

If the purpose was just to return Twitter to profitability, his choice would be ideal, as Twitter is not a tech company per ce.

Just realised that (North) French je t'aime (жтем) is an abbreviated form of (South) Bulgarian жтъйбьем.
What say you, @Perun , our languages aficionado?

Tell ye what, I submitted that request for a name change about 1yr ago. Maybe 2. Totally forgot about it.

Let us begin at the beginning....

Im not a big Internet guy. Or I wasn't at all savvy, back then when i started my profile here. I started my profile on here to say somethin about somethin. It was no doubt a sage and wonderful comment but I didn't have a clue about names or Online Things. I thought "why wouldn't I use my own name?" Then after a week I realised that I was one of the very few cats on here that used their real name. I thought, "hold on a fuckin minute, there must be a reason why these cats use made up names." But I left it. Didn't give too many fucks, really.

Then one day, 2yrs or so ago me and a friend decided to drink whatever we could find in her house.

After a divine libation we were left with only vodka and Grand Mariner. In the search for a mixer I opened her cupboard (not a euphemism) and found several cartons cat milk.

I slowly turned to her and waggled a carton of Cat Milk in her general direction with a raised eyebrow (embellishment, I can only raise both together, not one at a time).

"What say you?" said I.

Well, she just looked at me and rolled them big ole blue eyes and said "I'll do anything for you cos you're a Rocker."

And so was born the Cat Milk Supreme. And it was good. Vodka, Grand Mariner and Cat Milk.

I shall forever remember the look on her face, replicated on my own fo sho, a big wide eyed look of surprise and joy as we first felt the wonderful Milk lap against our tongues.

We were being silly. And it worked, by the gods it worked.

And I'm not ashamed to admit that initially I thought it was milk from cats, not milk for cats. I still didn't bat an eyelid as I poured it into the glass. How she laughed at that.

Anyway, she told me a tale of Internet Stalker Fun so I decided that I'd be better to not have my real name on things so I submitted a name change request. Maybe 2 yrs ago. Not sure how long ago but it was a while. Admin could probably say how long ago it was but given how long it took to process the name change I wouldn't hold my breath waitin for an answer.

I'll say one thing for admin, they aren't good but they're slow.

Who wants a drink? :rocker:

I must admit Niall Kielt is a hell of a alpha-male sounding name on par with the mighty James Bond.

I opened her cupboard (not a euphemism)
Well, she just looked at me and rolled them big ole blue eyes and said "I'll do anything for you cos you're a Rocker."

You didn't tell us the most important thing from them all. Was there any euphemism happened that night?? :D

When it was the last time that Harris wrote a song not containing slow into /slow outro? 1998? 1995? I have the feeling it’s more than 25 years in any case.

When it was the last time that Harris wrote a song not containing slow into /slow outro? 1998? 1995? I have the feeling it’s more than 25 years in any case.
By himself? Futureal. As a co-writer? Stratego, Tears Of A Clown, The Final Frontier, El Dorado, The Alchemist, Different World, Wildest Dreams, Rainmaker, The Wicker Man, The Mercenary, The Fallen Angel.

Back