What Was The First Maiden Album You Bought?

This poll has no options to pick from.

• Yes it does. Here's one.

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • That doesn't count. The options are supposed to be albums.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • No fair, you didn't say that in the first place.

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • I didn't have to say it. It should be obvious.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Well, you should speak more clearly.

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Adrian Smith

Votes: 37 77.1%

• Total voters
Piece of Mind.  I bought it when I was 13 years old in 1983 after seeing Flight of the Icarus on MTV and also reading about Maiden in a magazine.  I loved the cover too.  I thought Bruce's voice was really off key on Revelations and Quest for Fire.  Still to this day, I don't like his voice on those songs. 

I got into Maiden back in the 80's my then highschool bf was into metal, I didn't know much about it and so he recored some songs on tape for me from the radio,  one of the songs was actually (Running Free). Loved it!  and so I asked him who the band was..........Well.... I've been hooked ever since ;-)

My first ( LP ) was Live After Death

blandersong said:
I thought Bruce's voice was really off key on Revelations. 

I think that is a blasphemy (JK).

I started listening to Maiden recently, around 2003 when I heard The Wickerman over the radio.  (Of course I've heard of Run to the Hills before but you can't get into a band just because a single song plays over the radio over and over again, and again).  I asked my bro to get some songs over the net and he got them all from IM to BNW.  At that time I could not tell which song was recorded when, or by whom, etc., all I knew is that they rocked and I was committed to this band as a new fan.  Before I knew it I decided to buy them all, because they were awesome, all of them.
Since I bought all CDs from Iron Maiden to Brave New World at the same time, they're all firsts.  :p

It was 1981. A friend of mine came to my house with a tape of a somehow new band that he'd listened to and said: "You gotta listen to these guys! Their albums have a very cool monster on the cover!" We played it and the first chords of 'The Ides Of March' started to sound; it was the Killers album. When we finished listening to it, I said to myself: "I HAVE to have this album!", and BAAM!, bought it immediately.

Darth Sanantta said:
the first chords of 'The Ides Of March' started to sound; it was the Killers album. When we finished listening to it, I said to myself: "I HAVE to have this album!", and BAAM!, bought it immediately.

yeah Ides of March is just extra-ordinaire !!

I've allways considered my first album to be Piece of Mind, though I bought 2 vinyl album at once : "Piece...", and "Live after Death"

It is kind of paradoxical that I really put off buying Iron Maiden for quite a while. With student loans and car payments and unemployment, and with me not really knowing a lot about Iron Maiden in the first place, the few albums I did buy were more 'known quantities', bands I already knew what I would be getting; AC/DC and Megadeth and the like. After a while I wandered into a Meijer's, out of boredom, and had some time to kill. And there, sitting in their painfully limited music selection, was the remastered edition of Number Of The Beast.

I'm not sure what possessed me to buy it at that exact time. Maybe it was because I was meaning to start exploring Iron Maiden for a long time. Maybe it was all the good things I had heard of them from the (few) other metalfriends I knew. Maybe it was the notoriety surrounding that particular album.

More likely, it was because it was the only album they had available that I was remotely interested in. So I picked it up, and it changed my life. I listened to it a half dozen times over the next day or two, and then went out searching for more Maiden! I bought Dance Of Death, Seventh Son, Somewhere In Time, Peace Of Mind, and Powerslave all at once. It was just that good. It's the same motivation that had me running all over the metro Detroit area the day A Matter Of Life And Death came out here, trying to find a copy...  :innocent:

powerdrummer said:
Anyone wants a wrist band that belonged to Dave Murray?

http://cgi.ebay.es/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... &rd=1&rd=1

Cheers

Black Dragon said:
1129215188657.jpg

:innocent:

Deja-vu.  :innocent:

Mine was Edward The Great. I had heard 3 songs round at my friends house about a week before that; The Trooper, The Number Of The The Beast, and Can I Play With Madness, and decided I had to get a Maiden CD

Listen, powerdrummer. I am absolutely tired of you posting the same thing (which is, by the way, against the forum rules you agreed on when you registered here) virtually everywhere. I already have deleted your posts several times, but next time I have to do that, you can forget posting anything at all here. Consider this a serious warning.  :mad:

I 'hooked' on Iron Maiden when I got Dance Of Death for my b-day a many many years ago :) but firs album i bought by myself was Number Of The Beast

well my dad already had powerslave, number of the beast, somewhere in time, killers, no prayer, and peice of mind. so i didnt even need to buy those. first i bought was a matter of life and death because i wanted to know the songs before the show..then i got seventh son, fear of the dark, and dance of death

When I met my husband he had Powerslave, SIT, and Best Of the Beast...that was in 2000. The first Maiden album I bought was Brave New World.

First DVD was Visions Of the Beast...or Rock In Rio...too long ago, I forget  hehe

Number Of The Beast in 1982.  At that time there was so much contorversy about how evil it was which made me just want to buy it more. 

A Real Dead one for sure. Studio Album was No Prayer for the dying, i think. I suppose it was in late 1996.

Iron Maiden is gonna get you... right...  ::)   B)

See avatar.  Its the older version that I bought.
Since then, I bought AMOLAD, NOTB, PS, POM. 
I'm planning to get more Maiden as time goes on.

Back