What Was The First Maiden Album You Bought?

This poll has no options to pick from.

• Yes it does. Here's one.

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • That doesn't count. The options are supposed to be albums.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • No fair, you didn't say that in the first place.

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • I didn't have to say it. It should be obvious.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Well, you should speak more clearly.

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Adrian Smith

Votes: 37 77.1%

• Total voters
Yes, but if you buy them in stages, then the money will sit in your bank-account for longer, thus gathering more interest. [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-national acrobat+Jan 28 2006, 11:33 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(national acrobat @ Jan 28 2006, 11:33 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Yes, but if you buy them in stages, then the money will sit in your bank-account for longer, thus gathering more interest. [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]128019[/snapback]​
[/quote]
[!--emo&-_---][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sleep.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sleep.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Yeah, that's what I meant [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Conor+Jan 30 2006, 09:51 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Conor @ Jan 30 2006, 09:51 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--][!--emo&-_---][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sleep.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sleep.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Yeah, that's what I meant [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]128152[/snapback]​
[/quote]
'Course it was. But if you could see my bank statements, you'd soon realise I'm no accountant! [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Mine was "Virtual XI" ... it was the only Maiden album I could find in the stores of my hometown at the time... I liked it back then and still like it now [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\";)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"wink.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=111818:date=Jul 12 2005, 10:54 PM:name=SinisterMinisterX)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SinisterMinisterX @ Jul 12 2005, 10:54 PM) [snapback]111818[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Live After Death, back when it was Maiden's most recent release. Back in the days when we thought Bruce would never cut his hair.
[/quote]

:: I seem to remember an Interview with Bruce around '87ish when the interviewee asked if he would cut his hair. Bruce replied "only if I start to go bald or become a monk and neither looks like happening".

My first album was their eponymous debut - purchased 1980.

I started listening to Maiden ten years ago..a friend gave me a Fear Of The Dark cassette  -_-
Then I bought "Flight Of Icarus-The Trooper" singles from "The First Ten Years" series.
First cd was "Iron Maiden"  -_-

I been listening to maiden ever since i bought the first album  and loved them ever since !!! 

up the irons !!!

:wacko:

Killer On The Loose said:
I been listening to maiden ever since i bought the first album  and loved them ever since !!! 

up the irons !!!

:wacko:

1129215188657.jpg

:innocent:

First one I bought was Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son...on tape. First thing I remeber hearing from them was Revelations....and Somewhere In Time was prolly the first full album I heard.

First one I bought was no prayer for the dying when it came out. I had been reading about them in a music magazine so I thought I´d check them out, It was also one of my first CDs I bought ( I was only eleven at the time)

Oh, did I ever mention that mine was 'Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son'? :innocent:

First album I got was 'Edward the Great', which in retrospect was pretty shit; no Hallowed Be Thy Name?  Phantom of the Opera?  If you were able to get past the 'this is a singles collection' rule to stick FotD on, where are these classics?!  Ah well, it was a good introduction to Maiden, but my first studio albums were Iron Maiden and Virtual XI...I've always had a soft spot for those albums... :D

Mine was 'Killers' but the first one I actually heard was 'Powerslave' ...my dad's LP. I remember when I was 5 years old and secretly I was staring at the album cover for hours...So I was raised on Maiden hehe! I started to collect their albums 3 years ago and I started with Killers. These 2 are still very special for me

The first album I bought was their live album, Death on the Road. The first album that I heard was Brave New World, and this was also the first studio album I got.

The first album I bought was Edward the Great after it was recommended to me by a friend, and I have to say (I feel ashamed to admit it) but, in my naivety, I wasn't that impressed when I first heard it.  It was only after I had listened through it a few times that the tracks really began to grow on me, and now I love every single one. 

The same thing happened to me when I first listened to Metallica's Ride the Lightning.  I really didn't like it.  But now, I consider it one of Metallica's best.  Funny eh?  Did this happen to anyone else?

First Maiden album I ever bought was Seventh Son around its release. In fact, it was the first album by any artist I ever bought.

I believe it was Powerslave. I think I made a good choice.

Hmm, this brings back some memories. I am afraid this will be a little autobiography. :)

Bought?

In 1991 I bought the Live After Death LP-set (2nd hand of course), plus the Sanctuary 12" vinyl single, which I chose because Prowler was the b-side on it. Perhaps I bought the single before LAD, or even both at the same time, can't remember :--/

I bought these items after having heard a recorded cassette of the Iron Maiden album. I have never been so addicted to new music after hearing this stuff in my walkman. I was completely in another world. The only hard rock I knew and appreciated before that was some Queen (I Want It All), Guns'n'Roses (Appetite For Destruction), Kiss (Alive II) and even Bon Jovi (You Give Love A Bad Name in particular)

After LAD I bought two videos: 12 Wasted Years and The First Ten Years

First bought studio albums (also in 1991): Two at the same time: Somewhere in Time & Piece of Mind. I just HAD to buy SIT, because I was totally mesmerized by the fragment of Caught Somewhere in Time that I knew from 12 Wasted Years.

Before I bought my first studio albums, I already knew Killers, Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son (which I both borrowed from a classmate) and the before mentioned debut album.

After this, all went very fast and I purchased all Maiden albums before I witnessed Iron Maiden for the first time ever in concert, 2 September 1992. It was my first concert experience. From that gig, Can I Play With Madness landed on A Real Live One !

The circle is kind of full now, when I'll see Maiden this year, during "A Matter of Touring"-tour in the same venue: Brabanthallen in Den Bosch, Netherlands.

:)

Back