What Was The First Maiden Album You Bought?

This poll has no options to pick from.

• Yes it does. Here's one.

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • That doesn't count. The options are supposed to be albums.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • No fair, you didn't say that in the first place.

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • I didn't have to say it. It should be obvious.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Well, you should speak more clearly.

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Adrian Smith

Votes: 37 77.1%

• Total voters
Bad Eddie said:
See avatar.  Its the older version that I bought.
Since then, I bought AMOLAD, NOTB, PS, POM. 
I'm planning to get more Maiden as time goes on.

If you'd like my opinion, get 'The X-Factor' or 'Brave New World' next.  If you are planning to go to the upcoming IM concert, get 'Somewhere in Time'.  Or not.  It's up to you.

my first album was Live After Death, and I was only 6 years old :bigsmile: hehe...I thought the album cover was so cool, and I have worshipped Maiden ever since that day :wub:

I first downloaded 'Dance Of Death' (the song) from the Internet (sorry) in 2006 and I was blown away! Unlike anything I've ever heard! So I went out and bought 'Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son', and it's still my favourite album EVER. Then I bought the three newest albums.

I had heard 'The Number Of The Beast', '2 Minutes To Midnight' and 'Fear Of The Dark' from before, but I never connected it to the same band. 'Dance Of Death' (song) was the first song I knew was Iron Maiden.

First two albums I bought were Powerslave and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. Loved both almost instantly and to this day they remain top of my list. The next two albums were Piece of Mind and Somewhere In Time (which means I owned all 4 albums from the classic lineup before any other albums)

The first week after I bought Powerslave I would run the "B" side on repeat. Simply love the guitar work on those three songs.

Eddies Wingman said:
First two albums I bought were Powerslave and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. Loved both almost instantly and to this day they remain top of my list. The next two albums were Piece of Mind and Somewhere In Time (which means I owned all 4 albums from the classic lineup before any other albums)

I thought The Beast was up on that list too?

pilau said:
I thought The Beast was up on that list too?

No, the classic lineup (defined by me as Steve, Bruce, Dave, H and Nicko) did only the albums from Piece of Mind through Seventh Son. Clive Burr played drums on The Number of the Beast.

I know Clive did, I simply thought that by 'classic lineup' you were referring to the classic Maiden era, which, if I am not mistaken, spans The Beast to Powerslave.

The first album i owned was 7th son given to me by my cousin back in 1989, but i think the first one i bought was probably No Prayer, can't really remember as around the time that came out i had pretty much bought every album on either vinyl or cassette, first video was Maiden England, which i hope will one day come out on dvd

Seventh Son. And then, I bought Number of the Beast or Fear of the Dark, I cant remember it was so long ago now. In the early 90's ish.  :p Oh my how the time does fly.
Oh and btw, it was cassete tapes.  ::)  I hated tapes. Especially when your on a road trip and your crappy deck chews up your faveorite tape and then it just keeps trying to switch sides and wont play anything anymore.  :mad:  I was even considering switching from CD's to digital downloads because my CD player is not so great at -25C. Up the Irons, oh and btw again, just a friendly reminder- dont steal your music please.  B)  we all work, we all deserve to get paid.  :ok:

The Somewhere Back in Time compilation (and individually the Lord of the Flies single). Yes, I'm a Maiden noob :p

Reasons: The trooper was on SBIT and it had more songs than most Maiden compilation. Lord of the Flies was the first Maiden song I'd knowingly listened too. I remember watching the video on youtube, wondering what the Blaze v Bruce debates were all about and then decided I preferred Blaze because he looked all muscular like a real heavy metal singer should, rather than that scrawny bloke who sang too high anyway :lol:

The good old days of being 14 :p

Dance of Death. I got into Maiden during the BNW years, but DoD was the first album I bought. I bought all releases since then (i.e. the various history and live DVDs and AMOLAD).

Chose "Adrian Smith" in the poll. He rocks. :D

Clearly, the correct option is Dave Murray.

And Dave Murray gazed upon those haunted by the plague.

"Lord! Please, save us unworthy!"

Dave Murray flicked the tip of his finger and thus the darkness turned into light.

- Yax's first letter to the H'ians 1:19

79transam said:
Oh and btw, it was cassete tapes. 

I don't remember to have ever bought a Maiden cassette, it was my mother's job to purchase them, while I was collecting money to buy vinyl.
I had all 80s albums in cassette format except SIT -and all albums in vinyl.

Around 1990, I think, there was a re-issue of all albums by Epic (or it was Fame ?), so I bought most of albums for 3rd time
And let's not forget the First 10 years, which I also purchased.

I calmed down after 1990.

Back