Your Top 5 Favorite Solos

Pretty much anyone from Somewhere in time by Adrian.
Prowler
The thin line between love and hate
The solos in Number of the beast and Powerslave (the songs)
And my favorite Janick solo: Out of the silent planet

Dave
1) Powerslave
2) CSIT
3) Sign of The Cross
4) Lord of Light
5) SSOASS

Adrian
1) ATG
2) CSIT
3) SIASL
4) Book of Souls
5) BTATS

Janick
1) The Alchemist (criminally underrated song/solo)
2) Book of Souls
3) ATSS
4) Ghost of the Navigator
5) Dance of Death

Dave:
1. The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
2. Rainmaker
3. Sign of the Cross
4. Tears of a Clown
5. Where Eagles Dare

Adrian:
1. Children of the Damned
2. Tears of a Clown
3. Coming Home
4. Caught Somewhere in Time
5. Wasted Years

Janick:
1. Blood Brothers
2. Afraid to Shoot Strangers
3. The Red and the Black
4. Fear of the Dark
5. The Talisman

Overall top 5:
1. COTD- Adrian
2. Blood Brothers- Janick
3. TOAC-Adrian
4. TROBB-Dave
5. Coming Home-Adrian

That was probably the hardest list I've ever made.

1. Rime (Adrian)
2. Powerslave (Dave)
3. CSIT (Adrian)
4. Brave New World (Janick)
5. Death or Glory (Adrian)

It's a tough task, but...

1.Blood Brothers (Janick's solo)
2.The Prisoner (both solos)
3.Hallowed Be Thy Name (both solos)
4.Wasting Love
5.Different World

honourable mentions: Aces High (both solos), Rime Of The Ancient Mariner (both solos) and Wasted Years.

My favorite solos of The Three Amigos from all albums:

Adrian - Innocent Exile, Killers, Prodigal Son, Drifter, Invaders, COTD, The Prisoner, 22AA, TNOTB, HBTN, FOI, DWYBO, The Trooper, QFF, TTAL, Aces High, 2MTM, The Duellists, Powerslave, ROTAM, CSIT, Wasted Years, Sea Of Madness, HCW, TLOTLDR, SIASL, ATG, TETMD, SSOASS (both solos), The Wicker Man, The Mercenary, Wildest Dreams, No More Lies, DOD, New Frontier, Face In The Sand, Different World, BTATS, Out Of The Shadows, The Final Frontier, El Dorado, Mother Of Mercy, Coming Home, Speed Of Light, TRATB (both solos), WTRRD, TOAC, EOTC, Senjutsu (2nd solo), TWOTW, Darkest Hour, The Parchment (1st solo).

Dave - Prowler, POTO (2nd solo), Transylvania, Wrathchild, Killers, The Prisoner, 22AA, TNOTB, HBTN, The Trooper, QFF, TTAL, Aces High, 2MTM, Powerslave (both solos), ROTAM, ATG, Moonchild, SSOASS (both solos), Tailgunner, NPFTD, PENO, Mother Russia, BQOBD, FHTE, ATSS, Chains Of Misery, JBMG, Weekend Warrior, FOTD, SOTC, Man On The Edge, Futureal, TAATG, DLTTEOAS, BNW, Rainmaker, Speed Of Light, WTRRD, TBOS, TWOTW, The Time Machine, The Parchment.

Janick - NPFTD, The Assassin, BYD... TTS, Mother Russia, BQOBD, FHTE, ATSS, Wasting Love, FOTD, Man On The Edge, The Aftermath, 2 A.M., The Clansman, Como Estais Amigos, GOTN, BNW, Blood Brothers, Dream Of Mirrors, OOTSP, DOD, Gates Of Tomorrow, The Pilgrim, The Alchemist, Stratego, The Time Machine, DOTC, The Parchment (3rd solo).

*in red are my Top 5 solos of each guitarist... although they're changing all the time. :lol:

Last edited:
If I were to rate a solo compared to the one it appears next to, I'd say Paul Cairns's uncredited solo in the Soundhouse Tapes version of "Strange World" (Dave's is really failed).

1. Blood Brothers (Janick)- By far the greatest solo I've ever heard from any artist.
2. Shadows Of The Valley (Janick)
3. Powerslave (Dave- both solos)
4. The Writing On The Wall (Adrian)
5. Coming Home (Adrian)

1. Stranger In A Strange Land
2. Wasted Years
3. Caught Somewhere In Time (Adrian)
4. The Number Of The Beast (Adrian)
5. Tears Of A Clown
(Adrian)

Back