Your Maiden collection, what's in it?

Some tasty items there, Maiden Japan Venezuela, wow!

I don't suppose you know if there is anything significant about that Metal Mania (Compilation featuring Transylvania and Sanctuary) that I posted earlier in the thread, as I noticed I also have the Holland pressing of it as well. If I've no idea why I bought one copy of it, I certainly haven't a fuckin' clue why I have two copies! :lol:

Metal Mania, released as Heavy-Duty in the UK & Mexico, was actually the fourth compilation album to contain Maiden tracks. In case you're wondering about the previous 3, they are:

1. Metal For Muthas (as we ALL know)
2. O Rock Em Stock (Portugal) - The first non-UK compilation album containing a Maiden track
3. Musical Times (Germany)

So if you're a serious Maiden collector, it does make sense to have this album and if you're a true insane collector, you should have buy one Metal Mania and one Heavy-Duty... same album, different country see? ;)

Would you mind sharing a picture of your Maiden Japan (Venezuela) record here?

Thank you.

Next time I visit my folks' house (is where most of my collection is at the moment) I will take a couple of pictures of it and post them here

Metal Mania, released as Heavy-Duty in the UK & Mexico, was actually the fourth compilation album to contain Maiden tracks. In case you're wondering about the previous 3, they are:

1. Metal For Muthas (as we ALL know)
2. O Rock Em Stock (Portugal) - The first non-UK compilation album containing a Maiden track
3. Musical Times (Germany)

So if you're a serious Maiden collector, it does make sense to have this album and if you're a true insane collector, you should have buy one Metal Mania and one Heavy-Duty... same album, different country see? ;)

Yeah that's pretty insane level of collecting, and not the level I was ever at, I can only suspect that I picked up the copies as part of bundles when buying other stuff or else they were very very cheap. I literally have no memory of when and where they were bought.

I have all the studio and live albums (except BOH, Donn and ARLDO) on vinyl and CD. I also have a few CD singles and 7 inch singles. I’m glad I still have the blue Trooper 2005 7 inch.

We have a great vinyl and cd setup that we inherited. It’s nice when I have a free evening to go through the collection and listen to the B sides of singles that I drift existed.

I still have my DVDs as well.

Speaking of DVDs, it’s high fucking time Maiden go back and rerelease some of the older ones like Rio and the History series on blu-ray. En-Vivo looks fantastic on blu-ray, even despite the Brady-Bunching-Camera shit they do.

Also just got my Be Quick or Be Dead 12” pic disc in the mail yesterday. It’s neato!

Reactions: Yax
Speaking of DVDs, it’s high fucking time Maiden go back and rerelease some of the older ones like Rio and the History series on blu-ray. En-Vivo looks fantastic on blu-ray, even despite the Brady-Bunching-Camera shit they do.

Also just got my Be Quick or Be Dead 12” pic disc in the mail yesterday. It’s neato!
Regarding Rio, I'm not sure how much a Blu Ray format would benefit it. Halford released his gig (played just before Maiden) in 2008, on DVD/Blu Ray. Can't say the image quality is overwhelming compared to the DVD. I would pay for RiR with a new sound track though, without the horrible slow release compression on the master bus.

Would be really interested in Death on the Road without those crazy half a second cuts though.

Last edited:
I rewatched DotR just last night, and I’d forgotten all about the quick cuts. It takes my eyes a song or two to adjust, and then it’s fine. I do kinda like that all of their concert videos have something different going on visually.

I usually started to collect since I've discovered Maiden's music in 1988. I stopped collecting around 2010. I've got all the vinyls the cds and cd-singles too difficult to achieve in the early 90's out of internet era. I've got Ed box set, Eddie's archives, Best of the Beast 2cd and 4 vinyls Boxes sets, etc... I've got all the tour programs, some photo books by ross half, the 666 book and Terry ellis book (my most expensive Maiden thing I bought). My most loved thing is Live After Death album and The First Ten Years Box Set I collected all these 12 maxi-singles one by one and listened a lot of times like if a new album was. Actually the interest for the band has lowered and I'm thinking to sell off all the stuff. To collect albums and music was a passion in my 20's and 30's but not anymore.

All I have right now are the following (on CD):

- Powerslave (1998 remaster)
- Live Acter
- Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son (1998 remaster)
- Fear Of The Dark (1998 remaster)
- The X Factor
- The Book Of Souls (book edition)
- The Book Of Souls: Live Chapter (book edition)

Still growing it when I get chances to (and picking up other albums by my other favorite artists of course).

I usually started to collect since I've discovered Maiden's music in 1988. I stopped collecting around 2010. I've got all the vinyls the cds and cd-singles too difficult to achieve in the early 90's out of internet era. I've got Ed box set, Eddie's archives, Best of the Beast 2cd and 4 vinyls Boxes sets, etc... I've got all the tour programs, some photo books by ross half, the 666 book and Terry ellis book (my most expensive Maiden thing I bought). My most loved thing is Live After Death album and The First Ten Years Box Set I collected all these 12 maxi-singles one by one and listened a lot of times like if a new album was. Actually the interest for the band has lowered and I'm thinking to sell off all the stuff. To collect albums and music was a passion in my 20's and 30's but not anymore..

It’s a big decision to sell something you have spent so much time collecting. I’m in a similar situation having collected all the rare and expensive items from the 80s and early 90s. I even collected many bootleg vinyls because some of them look better than the official ones.
If I was you I’d take some time to consider it but I really do understand where you come from with this thought.

It’s a big decision to sell something you have spent so much time collecting. I’m in a similar situation having collected all the rare and expensive items from the 80s and early 90s. I even collected many bootleg vinyls because some of them look better than the official ones.
If I was you I’d take some time to consider it but I really do understand where you come from with this thought.
Plus it is all about the enjoyment you get out of it. I still enjoy all parts of my collection and it doesn’t take up too much space.

Thanks for your comment. It's a big decision indeed and I'm considering about it. Thank you very much.

I've sold off a lot of stuff. Sold many of the Eddie figures, including the 18 inch SIT Eddie figure. They had been collecting dust for some time before that in boxes and elsewhere - wasn't something I wanted to display anyways, so it really made no sense to own these figures anymore. Also sold off some CD singles and Eddie's Archives - but I still have the original CD releases, the Castle double/bonus disc releases, the first ten years CDS and all of the remasters. Beast of the Beast hard box and some other stuff. I also still own plenty of patches, pins and about 10-15 original 80s posters in horrible shape :lol: Also still own many of the FC magazines from the 90s, 2000s.

Thanks for your comment. It's a big decision indeed and I'm considering about it. Thank you very much.

Don't do it, if you ever regret it in the future it will be nearly impossible to replace.

You also won't get anything near what it's worth unless you spend a long time selling and shipping individual items.

Have every UK vinyl and CD release they have released since 1980. Sometimes even buy numerous copies of their singles which is a bit sad. There are a couple of box sets which I don't have such as Eddie's Head. My favourite is probably Killers picture disc which is class.
Most recent addition is the new Iron Maiden crystal clear picture disc. £22.99 off Amazon.
Even helped them knock Sir Cliff Richard off the number one spot by snaffling every format of BYDTTS which was a lot. The BBC were rather annoyed

Not any collector, but I have these CD’s:
-All 1998 remasters
-Regular editions of The X factor, Virtual XI, Brave new world and Dance of death.
-Limited edition of A matter of life and death, The final frontier and The book of souls.
- Best of the beast (1 disk version), Ed hunter, Edward the great (first edition), Somewhere back in time and From here to eternity.
- live albums: Rock in Rio, Death on the road, Flight 666, The book of souls: live chapter.
- Eddie’s archive first edition.
- DVD’s: Rock in Rio, Classic albums 666, Visions of the beast, The early days, Death on the road, Live after death, Flight 666, En vivo! and Maiden England.
- Run to the hills and What does this button do? books.

I used to have a couple of long shirts and t shirts as well, but it was forever ago.

I also have all Bruce Dickinson studio albums, Scream for me Brazil, The best of album (2 disk version) and Anthology DVD, the ASaP album, the two Psycho Motel albums, British Lion, Blaze’s Silicon messiah, Tenth dimension, As live as it gets, Blood and belief and The man who would not die, as well as both Samson studio albums with Bruce and White spirit 2005 edition.

Out of those, Eddie’s archive is probably my most valuable item

Last edited:
I haven't collected in years, pretty much stopped after BNW and its singles. Im quite fond of my BNW picture disc but outside of that, the stuff I enjoy havin and playing is mostly the Di Anno era stuff. Listening to them feels like Im kind of connecting with a different time, a feeling I dont get so much with other vinyl. The only Di Anno item I have of any real monetary value is The Soundhouse Tapes, vinyl in perfect condition, cover only has lines in a couple of the corners, complete with fanclub slip.
Other things of any rarity/monetary value are Eddies Archives , The Story So Far Parts 1 & 2. I have all the VHSs, a couple with chew marks on the spines. Yes, as a child I used to nibble the spines of Maiden tapes (which belonged to my brother at the time).
Also have full set of original cassettes up til VXI. Then there's assorted pins, badges, patches, mugs, flags, headbands and a large, incomplete collection of stickers that were officially released some time in the mid/late 90s, I believe. These badges etc came from anywhere I could find them but mostly in those seaside town shops that print t shirts and the like. I used to love goin into those kind of places, they had a real romance and mystery for me, the thrill of seeing an Eddie I'd never seen before (pre internet days).
At this stage, the collection means little to me. It sits in my mothers house, untouched in years. I have a select few records in my own house and I will sometimes listen through the early stuff but really, I don't care for it all these days. I have no desire to sell any of it at the moment but the The Soundhouse Tapes is really the only thing I would keep. Unless someone on here wants to make a stupid offer. Actually, even then, Im not sure I'd sell.

Back