Your Maiden blasphemy

Yeah, and there have amazing Riggs artworks after his Maiden days too. This one comes to mind.

Infinite.jpg
And many other Stratovarius album covers too.

Perspective, folks. This is a masterpiece compared to DoD. It is fine.
As a final product? Sure. DOD is one of the worst metal covers.

As an artistic piece? No, because the DOD cover isn't what the artist intended. As best we can tell, it is a mock-up presented to the band. In a move foreshadowing Satellite 15, Steve loved the demo and slapped it on the album without making any changes, and the artist freaked out and had their name pulled. We don't know what the DOD cover should look like, because it was never finished.

Infinite as a finished product is truly disappointing and it is an example of how cg artistry can be done very wrong. Digital art is time consuming and difficult to do well, and this just isn't.

As a final product? Sure. DOD is one of the worst metal covers.

As an artistic piece? No, because the DOD cover isn't what the artist intended. As best we can tell, it is a mock-up presented to the band. In a move foreshadowing Satellite 15, Steve loved the demo and slapped it on the album without making any changes, and the artist freaked out and had their name pulled. We don't know what the DOD cover should look like, because it was never finished.

Infinite as a finished product is truly disappointing and it is an example of how cg artistry can be done very wrong. Digital art is time consuming and difficult to do well, and this just isn't.
I posted the cover of Infinite, but I love the cover of Visions just as much.

What are you talking about, I clearly said Infinite as your quote shows. I definitely didn't confuse the albums and hastily edit my post as you were making yours.
Heh, yeah whatever. I happen to like colorful album covers that have lots of stuff thrown in there, but I guess it's just a matter of taste. I didn't expect anyone to agree with me.

Back