Your Maiden blasphemy

I respect the influence Killers has. I think it was the first Maiden album to really break through to the US. I still see Killers merch everywhere. It's atleast an iconic album. Another Life is pretty golden. I can't really speak for the rest of the album though as it hasnt held up for me personally. Even going back to it now, the title track feels pretty weak. Even with Steve's songwriting touch, Di'Anno led Iron Maiden wouldve burnt out faster than you could've said Killers follow up. Di'Anno overstayed his welcome so to speak after the debut. Killers just lacks whatever made the debut so damn great and unique. If it makes you guys feel better about my Killers hate, theres atleast 2 IM albums worse than it in my book (TFF and No Prayer).

If it makes you guys feel better about my Killers hate, theres atleast 2 IM albums worse than it in my book (TFF and No Prayer).
At least 3 albums way worse than Killers
Fear of the Dark, X Factor, Virtual XI

Killers has no bad songs, all songs on that album are great. The above three albums are full of bad songs. (maybe one or two good songs on Fear, one decent song on X Factor, none good on Virtual XI)

TFF is a wonderful album with great songs like Starblind, The Talisman (sans the intro), When the wild wind blows, The final frontier (sans the intro), Coming home, The alchemist. And No Prayer is also full of great songs, No prayer, Public Enema, Run Silent, Fates Warning, Bring your daughter, Holy smoke.

At least 3 albums way worse than Killers
Fear of the Dark, X Factor, Virtual XI

Killers has no bad songs, all songs on that album are great. The above three albums are full of bad songs. (maybe one or two good songs on Fear, one decent song on X Factor, none good on Virtual XI)

TFF is a wonderful album with great songs like Starblind, The Talisman (sans the intro), When the wild wind blows, The final frontier (sans the intro), Coming home, The alchemist. And No Prayer is also full of great songs, No prayer, Public Enema, Run Silent, Fates Warning, Bring your daughter, Holy smoke.
TFF and No Prayer are just bloated to my ears. And X Factor is great. Sign of the Cross is one of the most powerful heavy metal songs ever recorded.

Oh boy.

Killers is better than TNOTB, which is the worst Iron Maiden album of the 80s. The production is lifeless, the performance meek, the songs hasted together, "guide lyrics", opener possibly the worst opener they ever had and they didn't even play it live. It was also a thematical rehash of a previous song. Clive's performance is not what you'd expect after Killers. It's a big disappointment for me.

Oh boy.

Killers is better than TNOTB, which is the worst Iron Maiden album of the 80s. The production is lifeless, the performance meek, the songs hasted together, "guide lyrics", opener possibly the worst opener they ever had and they didn't even play it live. It was also a thematical rehash of a previous song. Clive's performance is not what you'd expect after Killers. It's a big disappointment for me.

GIF-o-rly-really-skeptical-yeah-right-GIF.gif

Back