Your Least Favourite Song

My least favourite Maiden song is probably bring your daughter to the salughter. The vocals are just so anoying, and the lyrics and guitar are nothing special.

women in uniform is just plain awful, granted it's a cover though. Can't stand Hooks in You or The Angel And The Gambler either.

It's hard to take people opinions isnt it  :lol:

I'd say, Afraid To Shoot Strangers, Alot of people love it and see it as a landmark Maiden song. But I've never been able to get into it.

The Angel and the Gambler, The Appartion, Hooks in you, BYD- all said before. Also Wasting Love, the 1988 version of Charlotte The Harlot, Out Of The Shadows is a bit boring to me, Holy Smoke is...irritating. Also the chorus of Flash Of The Blade is a bit stupid in my opinion. I don`t hate these songs, I just consider them to be weaker than others. Some are cool live, such as Bring your.., TAATG`s short version is ok... But there`s no prayer for The Appartion. Oh yeah, and the speedy version of Invasion of the Women in Uniform single is just...impossible to listen, it`s to damn fast.

i haven't heard all the albums, so going by what i've heard i'm going to go with 'Bring Your Daughter'...i can't hear or even see the title of that song without thinking of Spinal Tap

Hmmmm ... there are no Maiden songs that I have never had a good time listening to. Even The Angel and the Gambler has its moments. But I'll mention a few songs I don't rate very high:

- Hooks in you
- Bring your daughter ...
- From here to eternity (not bad, just boring)
- Fear is the key
- The apparition
- Chains of Misery
- The Angel and the Gambler

I have lately come to like more of the songs on Fear of the Dark and Virtual XI than I did when I wrote my "General Albums Rating" post. However, the songs I mention here are not among them, I still don't see anything great about those songs. Especially not when comparing them to other Maiden songs ... I find it hard to believe that the same band wrote "Phantom of the Opera" and "The Angel and the Gambler".

I think I'll go with The Apparition as least favourite, though. It bores me.

PS: I think I'll add The Assassin to the list. I just forgot it while writing it. The chorus is close to being annoying.

PS2: I just started Winamp picking random songs from my music folder, and considering Maiden is the band I've got most of, I was of course getting a bit impatient when it had played for 45 minutes and not a single Maiden song. Then I see in the Winamp tag in the taskbar: Iron Maiden - ... and then guess what? Of course, The Apparition  :S

My least favorite would have to be "Quest for Fire". The lyrics are bad. The overall song is just lame. Plus being on an album as great as Piece of Mind does n't help it. Also "The Thin Line Between Love and Hate". I don't like the way the verse is sung. I like the chorus, but I can't sit through the verse to get to it.

My least favorite song is Public Enema No. 1. No doubt about it. I also dislike Futureal when Bruce sings it. Blaze is much better at that song than Bruce is. Also, there are a few more songs on NPFTD, FOTD, and The X Factor I don't like much (Virtual XI is much better than X Factor no matter what people say), but I don't really feel like making a list of bad Maiden songs since Iron Maiden are my fav band and the best band in the whole world.

Three songs I hate: Holy Smoke, Tailgunner and especially Bring your Daughter... To the Slaughter. Those songs are just god awful. It almost seemed like Iron Maiden wasn't trying to write music. Either that or they were trying to appeal to the mainstream audience. How the hell did these 3 songs make it into their Best from 1990-2010 compilation? There are so many better songs that could've replaced those. Off the top of my head I can think of Ghost of the Navigator, the Mercenary and The Thin Line Between Love and Hate. Whenever I tell one of my friends to listen to maiden for the first time I always tell them to stay away from these songs because they would give them a bad impression about Iron Maiden

Back