Your First Iron Maiden Album/Experience?

I was 15-16 years old, and heard The evil that men do for the first time, that Maiden came to my life. I bought Brave new world a short time later without ever hearing anything in advance. BNW was so good I bought Rock in Rio DVD, and then I realised why Maiden are so good and have the best fans in the whole music world :)

Listening to "Piece of Mind" in November 1983 at a friend's house , whose older brother was a metalhead , and being blown away at the innocent age of nine . Not only that but i loved how scary everything about that album was, the cover, the look of the band's members' faces in the inside photo, tthe coocked brain (hey mom it's a human brain...loooool) . Funny thing , the only member that i knew his name was Steve Harris , and i was trying to match the other names...with faces , for example i thought Smith (a heavy name for me at that time) was Bruce Dickinson e.t.c

Anyway i rushed to the record store, bought the album , then bought TNOTB and the rest is history . I tell you though, in the eighties it was really hard being a young child and a metalhead .Today we find these kids cute and like them but then the older metalheads (who were....tough guys) were ridiculing you if they saw you with a T-shirt , but i didn't give a shit anyway . The biggest problems were with my parents, my mother mostly my father didn't really care about these things , about these "satanic" bands . I wasn't allowed to buy "Killers" until 2 years later, because she wouldn't accept an album named "killers" in our house (she didn't speak english and she didn't know about TNOTB but one horrible aunt of mine had "informed " her about what killers means ) . Of course now we discuss about these times and laugh ...

Back