Your favourite vinyl side (live albums included)

Black Bart

Ancient Mariner
Now that all the vinyls have been released, if you had to pick one side of an Iron Maiden vinyl as your favourite one (or 'favorite' if you live "across the sea"), which one would it be?

As for me, it would be the fourth side of Live After Death (Wrathchild/22AA/COTD/DWYBO/POTO). Runners-up: Piece of Mind side 1 and SSOASS side 1.

First: Brave New World - The Wicker Man/Ghost of The Navigator/Brave New World

Runners-up: The X Factor - Sign of the Cross/Lord of the Flies
and Seventh Son a Seventh Son - Title track/ The Prophecy/ The Clairvoyant/Only the Good Die Young.

Last edited:
Aw, if only Rush had been included here so I could say Side 1 of Moving Pictures but anyway...Side 1 of Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son. Runner up is Side 1 of Brave New World.

The X Factor - Sign of the Cross/Lord of the Flies
Wow, I had no idea this was a side on The X Factor. That's honestly a pretty badass one too. I'm gonna have to start researching the vinyl releases a little more. (Or better yet, just go and buy them. :D )

Powerslave side a.
Aces High - one of the best opening songs. Such energy and I adore this album's sound. So full and heavy compared to Piece of Mind.
2 Minutes to Midnight - two great singles from the get go. This one is classic.
Losfer Words - awesome guitars here, from 2:30 on it really grows.
Flash of the Blade - again the guitars shine, real nifty parts in the instrumental sections. And excellence in melody of the chorus.
The Duellists - I love this song. One of their best ever. I must highlight the sound of the album again. Birch did his best work here I think.

Runner up - Live after death side 4.

Thinking about it, Flight 666 side 3 is a compilation in itself too and seems to fly by in 30 seconds while it is around 25 minutes long ("Powerslave", "Heaven Can Wait", "Run To The Hills" and "Fear of the Dark") but I still stand by Live After Death side 4 for the moment.

Sure, why not? However, I know the vinyl exists, but I've never seen it for sale and now, I'd rather buy... a new car with that kind of money! :D
Come now, if you bought the vinyl, you'd be getting three hours of Maiden! Three hours of Maiden! Is it not worth it??

Of course, you could just buy all the albums and have more than three hours, but details.

Come now, if you bought the vinyl, you'd be getting three hours of Maiden! Three hours of Maiden! Is it not worth it??

Of course, you could just buy all the albums and have more than three hours, but details.
Except that the vinyl has the complete Spaceward demo

Powerslave side a.
Aces High - one of the best opening songs. Such energy and I adore this album's sound. So full and heavy compared to Piece of Mind.
2 Minutes to Midnight - two great singles from the get go. This one is classic.
Losfer Words - awesome guitars here, from 2:30 on it really grows.
Flash of the Blade - again the guitars shine, real nifty parts in the instrumental sections. And excellence in melody of the chorus.
The Duellists - I love this song. One of their best ever. I must highlight the sound of the album again. Birch did his best work here I think.

Runner up - Live after death side 4.

Aces High√
2 Minutes To Midnight√
Losfer Words√
Flash Of The Blade√
The Duellists√

They were f***ing relentless on Powerslave. My only complaint about the album is that it certainly should have been played in full on the World Slavery Tour!

I only have LAD and NPFTD. But I will choose AMOLAD side 4.

Back