Your favourite Blaze Bayley performance with Maiden?

GuineaPig said:
Unfortunately, there are no known video bootlegs of Psycho Motel... or at least that I have found.  As for the X Factour, they only supported on one night in England (Birmingham  I think?).

Yeah, like Forostar said, Nottingham 2nd Feb.
Ive been questing for the bootleg thats listed in the commentary for quite some time now, but no luck. People only seem to have the ordinary bootleg of that show, not the one with Psycho Motel included.

My favourite Blaze era maiden tracks are:

Man On The Edge
The Clansman
Futureal
Lightning Strikes Twice
Afraid to shoot strangers (IMO Blaze was better on this song than Bruce!)

I've added another pro shot X Factour gig, from Sao Paulo.

It includes a proshot version of "Blood on the World's Hands"!!!

Excellent!! Fantastic sound!

"Fortunes of War" is also worth watching, and a living proof that Maiden also rule when playing slow!
2.02-2.13 & 2.27-2.38 & 2.52-....  Heavy as f**k!  :yey:

I'm really over the moon with that stuff. The TXF songs were excellent live!  :)

I demand another one on the next tour!!

Just imagine if Fortunes Of War would have sounded that heavy on the album...

Hmm indeed. I'm pretty happy with The X-Factor. But I guess more people could have liked TXF if it blows heavier (productionwise) out of the speakers.

Well, everybody on this board and their grandma knows how I feel towards The X Factor, but I still think the production... could have been better.

now THAT'S a bit of an understatement...

The production on the X-Factor single handedly takes it from my top 3 to 8th or 9th for me.  Seriously, what was Steve thinking?
"Let's have a dark album, but make those guitars as thin as can be! And don't bother trying to make Blaze sound like a good vocalist, we want everyone to hate him!"

You see, I think that the poor production is something like a safety measure here. The material is already so mind-blowing, and the whole album is already so divinely brilliant, it would have probably simply melted our brains if it had been produced by somebody like Martin Birch.

Everyone his own opinion, but I truly hear that the music (esp. guitars and drums) on TXF does not sound as thin as e.g. Virtual IX, Fear of the Dark and even SSOASS.

Honestly, compare, if you like.

The (structure of the) songs and Blaze's vocals were real the problem when it came out, at least that's what I learnt, reading all these reviews, and reading and hearing all the reactions from the fans.

Now, the album seems to get more and more recognition, and I'm very glad about that.

Thread bump... this interesting topic deserves it.

Blaze's best performances with Maiden imo are in:

- Man On The Edge
- The Edge Of Darkness
- Futureal

Another vote for Edge of Darkness, such a great undervalued song and Blaze is fantastic on it. Look for the Truth, though in my head it’s always the version from Alive in Poland. And I listened to Virtual XI again recently and really enjoyed Lightning Strikes Twice like a thousand times more than usual

Oh and Virus. Especially the second half. Blazes nails the emotion and anger

Back